Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Doc Suggestion

• mfom
  • mfom
11 years 5 months ago #226945 by mfom
Doc Suggestion was created by mfom
Upgrading from 1.2.1-1.9.0 on Joomla 1.5.26 experience.

1) post install/upgrade it said it was compatible with Joomla 1.5.27. I can't find this version of Joomla. Is it real? does it exist? Is it not released to the community yet and you guys just wanted to pre-empt having to update that message?

2) I think the upgrade documentation (both the upgrade readme and the installation pdf section) should mention, explicitly, that you need to install all 4 parts of CB in the unzipped file, even if you can't find any equivalent (through searching obvious names, not by going line by line through php code) files for the moderator workflow and online pieces (mod_comprofilerModerator.zip and mod_comprofilerOnline.zip respectively). I was coming in taking over maintenance of someone else's Joomla install, and wanted to be sure that I wasn't adding anything extra that wasn't needed/already there when I just wanted to upgrade a component to get rid of some errors. I know this is implicit (just follow the directions!), but in my situation it would have helped, so I think I may not be the only person that spent a few minutes looking into this.

Thanks guys,
great module

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 5 months ago #226953 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Doc Suggestion

mfom wrote: Upgrading from 1.2.1-1.9.0 on Joomla 1.5.26 experience.

CB 1.2.1 was released back in January 2011 (over 2 years ago).

1) post install/upgrade it said it was compatible with Joomla 1.5.27. I can't find this version of Joomla. Is it real? does it exist? Is it not released to the community yet and you guys just wanted to pre-empt having to update that message?

You are right. There is no Joomla 1.5.27.

Thanks for feedback.

2) I think the upgrade documentation (both the upgrade readme and the installation pdf section) should mention, explicitly, that you need to install all 4 parts of CB in the unzipped file, even if you can't find any equivalent (through searching obvious names, not by going line by line through php code) files for the moderator workflow and online pieces (mod_comprofilerModerator.zip and mod_comprofilerOnline.zip respectively). I was coming in taking over maintenance of someone else's Joomla install, and wanted to be sure that I wasn't adding anything extra that wasn't needed/already there when I just wanted to upgrade a component to get rid of some errors. I know this is implicit (just follow the directions!), but in my situation it would have helped, so I think I may not be the only person that spent a few minutes looking into this.

Thanks guys,
great module

You only need to install the component and the login module.
There other 2 modules are optional and you only need to install the new ones if you have them installed on your site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon