Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Will the Pro version do what I want?

• beres
  • beres
11 years 4 months ago #228660 by beres
Hi all.
I am building a new website in J3 and wish to incorporate a forum and a store, together with facilities to interface with FB and publish podcasts and videos.
Will what I receive for going with the paid version of CB help me do this better?
Thank you
Beres

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beres
  • beres
11 years 4 months ago #229232 by beres
Replied by beres on topic Will the Pro version do what I want?
Really? No one can tell me if CB Pro will assist with vidcasts and/ or podcasts? If ythis is all the help I get when I stand here ready to part with my cash, how much am I supposed to expect when I have no leverage?
Not very encouraging to say the least!

• nant
  • nant
11 years 4 months ago #229242 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Will the Pro version do what I want?

beres wrote: Really? No one can tell me if CB Pro will assist with vidcasts and/ or podcasts? If ythis is all the help I get when I stand here ready to part with my cash, how much am I supposed to expect when I have no leverage?
Not very encouraging to say the least!

Hi and thanks for posting - sorry for the delay in responding as this area you posted to is purely community driven.

Our presales forum area is here (for future reference):
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/87-presales

Regarding your questions please see comments below:

I am building a new website in J3 and wish to incorporate a forum and a store, together with facilities to interface with FB and publish podcasts and videos.

CB 1.9 works just fine on J31.
Kunena 3.0 has been released and it should works on J31 also and it has nice integration with CB 1.9.

For store you might want to look for some ecommerce extension (e.g., Virtuemart) on the JED directory.

CB Connect 5.0 (see frontpage article) lets you interface CB with major social networks.

For podcasting and video publishing you could use youtube/vimeo which users can link back to CB fields using the CB Video field plugin (Professional members) or you can look for something again on the JED.

Will what I receive for going with the paid version of CB help me do this better?

• beres
  • beres
11 years 4 months ago #229434 by beres
Replied by beres on topic Will the Pro version do what I want?
Thank you Nick - that helped me decide to buy...... now just to make it through the securecode obstacle path which keeps denying me the privilege of paying.... lol

Moderators: beatnantkrileon