Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Please HELP!!! Other Members not showing up

• joy4toys
  • joy4toys
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #229462 by joy4toys
Thanks in advance
I have setup my community builder, everything appears to working fine login, tabs, list and fields on my main page plus when signing up. I can login on my own account and view my profile or change information on my main page. But I or other members can not see or find other members via the main page once logged in

As per section 2.7 I think that I have not added the profile menu

I have add 2 attachments hope that this make things more clearer

can anyone help please

Would someone help me if I pay them?
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by joy4toys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 3 months ago #229546 by nant

joy4toys wrote: Thanks in advance
I have setup my community builder, everything appears to working fine login, tabs, list and fields on my main page plus when signing up. I can login on my own account and view my profile or change information on my main page. But I or other members can not see or find other members via the main page once logged in

As per section 2.7 I think that I have not added the profile menu

I have add 2 attachments hope that this make things more clearer

can anyone help please

Would someone help me if I pay them?

Please study the Tutorials in the Support area - the picturebook ones should help you.

You need to make one or more User lists to allow users to search for each others.

Paid members can post in the Advanced/Professional/Developer support areas and get support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joy4toys

• joy4toys
  • joy4toys
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #229572 by joy4toys
Replied by joy4toys on topic Please HELP!!! Other Members not showing up
I have created a list and added a menu the search option comes up for members but still no members can be found on the front end or when you do a search for anyone say in Australia the search turns up empty

can anyone tell me in simple terms so I understand how do I allow members look at other members profiles and also link it to my list for searching?

Not being rude I am a bit slow especially trying to read through 170 document as of my medication but if its explained in simple terms I can understand and have no issues (i believe that I read all the way through and I cant see what I am missing)

I have taken a number of screen shots of all of my CB settings as a attachment I can send to anyone as its 3mb so too big tp post
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by joy4toys.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 3 months ago #229635 by nant

joy4toys wrote: I have created a list and added a menu the search option comes up for members but still no members can be found on the front end or when you do a search for anyone say in Australia the search turns up empty

can anyone tell me in simple terms so I understand how do I allow members look at other members profiles and also link it to my list for searching?

Not being rude I am a bit slow especially trying to read through 170 document as of my medication but if its explained in simple terms I can understand and have no issues (i believe that I read all the way through and I cant see what I am missing)

I have taken a number of screen shots of all of my CB settings as a attachment I can send to anyone as its 3mb so too big tp post

You need to create a user list as described in this picturebook tutorial:

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/111-picture-books/18267-community-builder-user-lists-quick-start

Study the user list chapter in your documentation - it shows you how to make your user lists searchable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joy4toys

• joy4toys
  • joy4toys
11 years 3 months ago #229637 by joy4toys
Replied by joy4toys on topic Please HELP!!! Other Members not showing up
Thanks Nick, the Video you done explain it excellent...... even the dog barking made me smile

• nant
  • nant
11 years 3 months ago #229657 by nant

joy4toys wrote: Thanks Nick, the Video you done explain it excellent...... even the dog barking made me smile

lol - glad you liked the webinar - new one is scheduled - feel free to attend here:

attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2931770041434567424

Moderators: beatnantkrileon