Skip to Content Skip to Menu

API issue: display avatar of user profile viewing, not user logged in session

11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #235137 by HelloShell
I have the following code to display an image uploaded by the user (cb_logo)much the same as the avatar works (I have that as well), and I have the code working, but it only displays when the user is logged in and site wide. I need it to display for anyone who visits the profile. I need it to display the profile being viewed instead of the viewer, regardless if they are logged in or not.
Code:
<?php global $_CB_framework, $mainframe; if ( defined( 'JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR' ) ) { if ( ! file_exists( JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR . '/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php' ) ) { echo 'CB not installed!'; return; } include_once( JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR . '/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php' ); } else { if ( ! file_exists( $mainframe->getCfg( 'absolute_path' ) . '/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php' ) ) { echo 'CB not installed!'; return; } include_once( $mainframe->getCfg( 'absolute_path' ) . '/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php' ); } cbimport( 'cb.html' ); $cbUser =& CBuser::getInstance( (int) $_CB_framework->myId() ); if ( ! $cbUser ) { $cbUser =& CBuser::getInstance( null ); } $user =& $cbUser->getUserData(); $logo = $cbUser->getField( 'cb_logo' ); echo $logo; ?>

I apologize in advance for the formatting to make your eyes bleed.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by HelloShell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 1 week ago #235215 by krileon
myId always returns the user viewing. You need to use displayedUser if you want the ID of the user being displayed. Note this only works on CB profiles. Example as follows.

Code:
$userId = $_CB_framework->displayedUser();

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon