Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Language in profile custom values for —> cb_mystatus

10 years 11 months ago #235884 by Chacapamac
I add a custom value to the CB field —> cb_mystatus

Joomla 2.5.14 — CB 1.8.1

The values is “CERTIFIED”

Now, I think I can add a language string somewhere here to be able to translate in CB french and english ini files ?

I’m not sure how, and what .ini file to edit.... I didn’t see any community-builder.ini files in the normal joomla language folder....

Possible ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #236297 by Chacapamac
I dont know if I was clear enough on my question?

Trying my best as I’m really a Newbie with CB.

I look in the forum and, I think?, I get it... Tell me if Ok?
The post I refer to —> www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/221142-solved-how-to-translate-custom-fields?limitstart=0

If I understand well you can use the Description to add a text string that can related to the language ini file.

In my case — _UE_MYSTATUS have a Description but not my added “CERTIFIED” Value

Can something can be done, in this case?

Maybe, another type of field can be used. The end purpose here is to have a field that can be language control and, if possible even have images attach to it. This is for a group of people that passed certain course and get different degree of certifications. The only thing I will like to do is to be able to add different Term or badge (images) of the different certifications obtain by each participant on their respective profile. Not knowing CB to much, I was thinking that maybe adding another type of field will do the job.

Any help will be appreciated...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon