Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Joomla 2.5.16 and CB 1.9.1 issue

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
10 years 11 months ago #237130 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Joomla 2.5.16 and CB 1.9.1 issue
I don't know if this is related but I get this error when I try to register:

"Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments in /home/path/libraries/joomla/methods.php on line 342"

My site is in french and I found a topic on Joomla.fr (who discuss to the same error I have) and which redirect to this CB topic.

Right now is just impossible for me to register user..probably because I have Auto-Action who make a task with onAfterUserRegistration for generate a username based of name+userid (my register form do not ask for username reason why I used Auto-Action).

However the generated username do not contain any space.. Any clue ??

Before update to 2.5.16 all was fine and now is the nightmare. That's the last time I update Joomla too early. Generally I wait a bit before update but this time I made update few days after last release. The next time I will wait more or even have one version late for avoid problem.

Meanwhile have you a suggestion?

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Astrid
  • Astrid
10 years 11 months ago #237136 by Astrid
Replied by Astrid on topic Joomla 2.5.16 and CB 1.9.1 issue
Not sure if this is related, so I can't help you, but it might give some ideas to CB developers. There is a tracker about changes in methods.php between 2.5.14 and 2.5.16 here .

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #237217 by dotcom22
Well this is related because I tried to switch frontend language from french to english and now instead to get the error I mentioned I get this:

Please enter a valid username. No spaces, at least 2 characters and must not contain the following characters: < > \ " ' % ; ( ) &

I tried to set CB last_name field to "not required" and if I register only with first_ name without providing last_name, no problem and I can register in both french or english.

Furthermore I looked in the file methods.php and the code is the same in 2.5.14 and 2.5.16... So the problem do not come from this file.

So what to do? We must wait an improbable Joomla core patch/release and meanwhile user will be unable to register ? Is not possible to do something on CB side ? This is scandalous because J 2.5 is a LTS version and update are supposed fix know problem or security issue..but not to modify something which worked previously perfectly fine.

any clue?

The only positive thing is now I know I must NEVER update Joomla before first testing in a DEV site. This is what I do always when I update third party addon but I thinking we can trust in the LTS Core...

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by dotcom22.

• Astrid
  • Astrid
10 years 11 months ago #237221 by Astrid
Replied by Astrid on topic Joomla 2.5.16 and CB 1.9.1 issue
I'm almost 100% sure methods.php changed. So it might solve your problem for now, using the 2.5.14 file.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
10 years 11 months ago #237225 by dotcom22
You right I make a mistake and I extracted the file from the wrong joomla package. I seen some code has been added around line 152. However even if I use this file no change and I still unable to register...that just crazy.

And you, have you the same kind of problem ?

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #237232 by dotcom22
well I found a workaround for my case... I enabled in registration form the field Username then I created a Auto-Action PHP Code which auto-generate onStartSaveUserRegistration a username without space. For avoid confusion, I used CSS for hide the username field in the form. Seem to work well...

If somebody need, here the code I used:
Code:
$_POST['username'] = 'pretext' . uniqid() . 'posttext';

You can replace pretext and posttext with any value you want such:
Code:
$_POST['username'] = 'user' . uniqid() . 'mysite';

Then generated username will look like user556c8d5916ae7mysite

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by dotcom22.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon