Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Displaying custom fields in CB Workflows module

• LordFede
  • LordFede
10 years 7 months ago #242769 by LordFede
I'm glad now we are talking about support, so sad I had to react like that in order to get help.

I don't expect anyone to do the job for me, but maybe correct me if I'm doing something wrong.

I replaced the code like I said (I have a custom field named cb_class already created in the backend, now I edited the file like said previously)

and I get this:
I think I'm missing something, like I have to declare some variable in php, or use another snippet to get that field from db, I'm stuck with that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
10 years 7 months ago #242775 by beat
You need to also fetch from database the corresponding fields, similar as e.g. email is fetched (keep the existing fields in the SQL query, as they might be used for something else).

In CB 1.9, this is done line 1697 in function pendingApprovalUsers in file comprofiler.php in same folder.

Please note that you need to take note of your changes. As Nick already said, code changes will get lost at CB upgrade time.

CB 2.0 will allow standard CB users-lists to display also unapproved users (if set to allow it) and thus to do this without hacking the code (and users-lists natively have paging).

P.S. Yes, I'm sad too that you "had to react like that" (although I don't think that it was really needed to go that far).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon