Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Unable to add new users

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #242104 by abennett88
Unable to add new users was created by abennett88
I have a bit of an emergency.

I have joomla 2.7.18 and CB 1.9.1 and previously everything way fine and i could add users and now in the admin panel and via my (previously working) API I cannot add users and I don't know why.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried to search around but with no luck.

When I try to add a user it is just showing the community builder main page and nothing is happening. I have debug on and errors set to maximum and nothing is coming up. ALSO there is nothing in the logs (server or joomla) at all.

I know for a fact it was all working fine as of the 27/01/2014 which was the last date I added a user (I add them all manually on my site) I can't think of what has changed in that time. Other than joomla and CB updates!?

HEEELPPP

Thanks in advance

UPDATE: I can still add users using the joomla add user section in the back-end. So it seems to be a CB issue?
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by abennett88.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #242151 by abennett88
Replied by abennett88 on topic Unable to add new users
I have even tried un-installing and re-installing CB and this has made no difference. So it is either a BUG, or there is something else wrong but I have not idea how to debug if I am not seeing any errors anywhere despite setting all errors on both in Joomla and in the index.php scripts!?

I imagine this is going to be one of those silly things that I am missing, but I could do with any suggestions.

I have even restored a backup from a few days after I know 100% that is was still working and it is still not working.

UPDATE: I am still able (using CB) to edit and update existing users. I just cannot create new ones. It just keeps going back to the CB main page in the backend!
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by abennett88.

10 years 7 months ago #242165 by abennett88
Replied by abennett88 on topic FIXED!!! - Unable to add new users
I figured out what the problem is! It was a mailchimp extension. The new version of CB must somehow not be compatible with the mailchimp extension or vice versa.

If anyone has this problem try disabling these extensions in joomla's extension manager and it should work. If not then try disabling more extensions as it is likely to do with something like this!

I hope my turmoil with this can result in a swift solution for someone else!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon