Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Installing CB directly from: Extension Manager: Install

• Shedor
  • Shedor
10 years 7 months ago #242358 by Shedor
If one starts the installation of CB from here, are all these files installed? :huh:

com.comprofiler.zip
mod_cblogin.zip
mod.comprofilermoderator.zip
Mod-comprofileronline.zip

Or do I have to install any of them separately like you have to do when you download to your computer and install?

I have installed directly from: "Extension Manager: Install", configured it installed Kuena and other plugging that is advised to do, but still "Forum, blog and EasyBlog" does not work.

We can just upload a photo, manage connections and send message via e-mail!?
Kind regards, Sherab :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #242388 by nant
If you install from Web, those are installed for you in one shot.

If you download from here, then you need to unzip the package and follow instructions to install each one separately.

The Mamboblog plugin built into CB is a legacy pluging that is used on old Joomla 1.0 sites and it is worthless to you.

If you need blogging you can either become a Professional member and get our CB Blogs solution (and lots of other goodies) or you can find some other blogging extension that has CB support.

If you need private messaging you should search for uddeIM as it has built-in integration for CB and CB also supports it.

Please take some time and study our tutorials:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/111-picture-books
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by nant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shedor

• Shedor
  • Shedor
10 years 7 months ago #242422 by Shedor
I find your guidance very helpful, now I have to look mor deeply into this, but will the install that I have done which says installation was successful and does not work be a hinder for me to re-install?
Thank you so much, I will have to try to find the founds for a Pro solution! :-)

• nant
  • nant
10 years 7 months ago #242430 by nant

Shedor wrote: I find your guidance very helpful, now I have to look mor deeply into this, but will the install that I have done which says installation was successful and does not work be a hinder for me to re-install?
Thank you so much, I will have to try to find the founds for a Pro solution! :-)

You can reinstall without issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shedor

Moderators: beatnantkrileon