Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Store historic dates

• ltempest
  • ltempest
10 years 6 months ago #243232 by ltempest
Store historic dates was created by ltempest
HELP!
I'm using Community Builder on a clients website. They basically use it as a database of members with administrators that edit the member entries.

They want to record how many visits a member makes to the clients premises. But they want to control the date field and keep it as a calendar selectable date.

I have created a custom date field, and they select the visited date correctly. However this does not store historical visits. How can I create a custom field that will allow them to enter a new date but retain the previous dates?

Thanks

Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 6 months ago #243278 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Store historic dates

ltempest wrote: HELP!
I'm using Community Builder on a clients website. They basically use it as a database of members with administrators that edit the member entries.

They want to record how many visits a member makes to the clients premises. But they want to control the date field and keep it as a calendar selectable date.

I have created a custom date field, and they select the visited date correctly. However this does not store historical visits. How can I create a custom field that will allow them to enter a new date but retain the previous dates?

Thanks

Lee

Hi and thanks for contacting us.

There is no such built-in field.

Best solution I can think of for your client is to use a CB Auto action to automatically append (or prefix) a time stamp and the old value everytime the date field is updated.

This would require Professional or Developer membership to get add-on and have access to support forums.

Another solution would be for you or someone to code such a new field type.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon