Skip to Content Skip to Menu

List management - customize field layouts?

• acmeyer
  • acmeyer
10 years 5 months ago #245002 by acmeyer
I am creating multiple lists with CBs List Management feature. I am looking for a bit more flexibility in field layouts that I've been able to find.

A specific example: I have user's address information captured as separate fields for address, city, state and zipcode. When I display these fields in a column of the list manager, each field is on a new line, such as:

123 Main St
Fort Collins
CO

It would be great if I could force multiple fields into a single line, such as:

123 Main St
Fort Collins, CO 80525

I am looking for any suggestions, such as CSS or some plugin that might help with this.

Thanks for any pointers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 5 months ago #245019 by nant

acmeyer wrote: I am creating multiple lists with CBs List Management feature. I am looking for a bit more flexibility in field layouts that I've been able to find.

A specific example: I have user's address information captured as separate fields for address, city, state and zipcode. When I display these fields in a column of the list manager, each field is on a new line, such as:

123 Main St
Fort Collins
CO

It would be great if I could force multiple fields into a single line, such as:

123 Main St
Fort Collins, CO 80525

I am looking for any suggestions, such as CSS or some plugin that might help with this.

Thanks for any pointers.

You should be able to use a delimiter field to do this.

• acmeyer
  • acmeyer
10 years 5 months ago #245038 by acmeyer
Replied by acmeyer on topic List management - customize field layouts?
Nick -
Thanks for the pointer, field delimiters look like just what I need - and opens the door for a whole bunch of other stuff on my wish list.

For what its worth, the name "fields delimiter" gave me no intuitive feel for what this field can do and how powerful it is. Something like "customized field" would have caught my attention better for what this field type can really do.

Thanks again,
Alan

• nant
  • nant
10 years 5 months ago #245043 by nant

acmeyer wrote: Nick -
Thanks for the pointer, field delimiters look like just what I need - and opens the door for a whole bunch of other stuff on my wish list.

For what its worth, the name "fields delimiter" gave me no intuitive feel for what this field can do and how powerful it is. Something like "customized field" would have caught my attention better for what this field type can really do.

Thanks again,
Alan

Yeah, we are most likely going to rename this in CB 2.0 to Custom HTML fieldtype

• acmeyer
  • acmeyer
10 years 5 months ago #245045 by acmeyer
Replied by acmeyer on topic List management - customize field layouts?
If you are interested in other input :) ...

It would be nice if you could create a hidden field delimiter that could then be used in a list. Right now, in creating a list you can only select fields that are shown in a profile. In my case, I am creating custom fields that I only want to be displayed in a list, not in the profile.

.02, Alan

• nant
  • nant
10 years 5 months ago #245054 by nant

acmeyer wrote: If you are interested in other input :) ...

It would be nice if you could create a hidden field delimiter that could then be used in a list. Right now, in creating a list you can only select fields that are shown in a profile. In my case, I am creating custom fields that I only want to be displayed in a list, not in the profile.

.02, Alan

Already doable.

You can create a tab and place it on a not for profile show position and place your relevant fields there.

FYI - CB Documentation available for paid members includes all of this and helps keep CB free.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon