Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Return of the "Session expired or cookies not enabled" problem

• aspooner
  • aspooner
10 years 5 months ago #245194 by aspooner
I am using Joomla 2.5.20, PHP 5.3.27, CB 1.9.1. I also have CBSubs 3.0.0 and CB Profile Pro 4.0.0. The URL of the site is 101.0.112.8/~connect8 (I haven't delegated name servers yet). Click on Join Now to see the registration page (I have disabled CB Profile Pro for now).

I am experiencing a problem that has been talked about quite a lot in the past on there forums - when I click on the register button I get a message saying "Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload before filling-in". This is occuring on both FF and IE.

I have tried all of the advice I found on these forums, but nothing has worked so far. I have
  • Turned on max debugging - no errors shown
  • Deleted cookies on that site
  • Removed my htaccess file
  • Turned off SEF URLs
  • Disabled anti-spoofing session checks
  • System cache plugin is disabled

I don't have many additional components installed, just Akeeba backup, JCE editor, Unite Nivo Slider and MaxiMenuCK. I tried disabling the slider and the menu, but that didn't help.

Can you suggest anything else please?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• aspooner
  • aspooner
10 years 5 months ago #245232 by aspooner
I have discovered that the problem is in my template, one I have built myself. If I switch to Beez_20 the problem goes away. But I do not understand what, in a template, could cause this sort of issue. I am not using any javascript, just plain CSS and PHP. Can anyone suggest anything please?

• aspooner
  • aspooner
10 years 5 months ago #245233 by aspooner
Solved it! It was an erroneous set of form tags that was causing the problem.
Hope this helps someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon