Skip to Content Skip to Menu

All of a sudden, no one can login anymore

• jzeevi
  • jzeevi
10 years 4 months ago #245537 by jzeevi
All of a sudden, starting two days ago, none of our users can login anymore. Only admin for the site can login. Even if they go through the "forgot password" scenario or the admin changes their password for them, the login requests do not work.

On the first try, they get this message: "Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet." on a red background. The second attempt gets this message: "Incorrect username or password. Please try again."

This has been working for nearly a year on our 2.5.20 website but just changed. Indeed, it worked until two days ago.

Any hints/tips as to what I could look for to debug this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #245552 by nant

jzeevi wrote:
This has been working for nearly a year on our 2.5.20 website but just changed. Indeed, it worked until two days ago.

Any hints/tips as to what I could look for to debug this?

No way that this has been working for a year - Joomla 2.5.20 is no more than 1 month old.

Sounds like you are not using CB 1.9.1.

In this case you need to upgrade to CB 1.9.1.

Also in the future please be very accurate with the information you give and include version numbers of your installation.

Helps people help you easier.

• jzeevi
  • jzeevi
10 years 4 months ago #245589 by jzeevi
Replied by jzeevi on topic All of a sudden, no one can login anymore
pardon my imprecision. It was working on 2.5 for as long as we've had it installed (which I *think* to be about a year). I do have 1.9.1. Would a re-install help? Or, will that wipe out all my data?

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #245598 by nant

jzeevi wrote: pardon my imprecision. It was working on 2.5 for as long as we've had it installed (which I *think* to be about a year). I do have 1.9.1. Would a re-install help? Or, will that wipe out all my data?

reinstall will not wipe out any data - so go ahead.

Please note that CB 1.9.1 works just fine with Joomla 2.5.20

• jzeevi
  • jzeevi
10 years 4 months ago #245599 by jzeevi
Replied by jzeevi on topic All of a sudden, no one can login anymore
The reinstall did not help with the problem. Additionally, I noted that if you request help with your password, a new one is assigned (the system knows that I am a registered user) but I am not able to use that new password to login either.

I trust that 1.9.1 works fine with 2.5.20 (it was working for some time before this happened). I am seeking help in tracking down what might have gone wrong with this particular installation. the databases and files were restored to a believed known working point, and then I attempted a reinstallation of CB 1.9.1.

Any ideas on what to look at? Is there something I can do to the database (I'm not an expert at any of that) to force it to re-synch the passwords to accounts? Or, a way to see if some talbe pointer or another is off?

Thanks in advance!

josef

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #245606 by nant

jzeevi wrote: The reinstall did not help with the problem. Additionally, I noted that if you request help with your password, a new one is assigned (the system knows that I am a registered user) but I am not able to use that new password to login either.

I trust that 1.9.1 works fine with 2.5.20 (it was working for some time before this happened). I am seeking help in tracking down what might have gone wrong with this particular installation. the databases and files were restored to a believed known working point, and then I attempted a reinstallation of CB 1.9.1.

Any ideas on what to look at? Is there something I can do to the database (I'm not an expert at any of that) to force it to re-synch the passwords to accounts? Or, a way to see if some talbe pointer or another is off?

Thanks in advance!

josef

Nothing to resync - all passwords are handled by Joomla functionality that is called by CB.

Are you sure you are using the CB Login module?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon