Skip to Content Skip to Menu

All of a sudden, no one can login anymore

• jzeevi
  • jzeevi
10 years 4 months ago #245612 by jzeevi
Replied by jzeevi on topic All of a sudden, no one can login anymore
Thanks for the pointer.

I thought I was using the CB Login module.

When I looked at the module manager, it should that I was not using the CB module. So, I disabled the one that was in use and enabled the CB login module.

However, I still can't login, even after ensuring I had the right password (by setting it within the user manager under CB).

Have I gotten things lost at this point? Or is there something that might recover it for me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jzeevi
  • jzeevi
10 years 4 months ago #245690 by jzeevi
Replied by jzeevi on topic All of a sudden, no one can login anymore
Is there any tracing/logging output I can put into the login code to see where it's gone wrong?

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #245692 by nant
When posting and asking for assistance please post your Joomla and CB versions.

If you are not on CB 1.9.1 you need to upgrade now.

• jzeevi
  • jzeevi
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #245693 by jzeevi
As stated in previous posts, I am at Joomla 2.5.20 and CB 1.9.1. (I recently reinstalled 1.9.1 to see if that would help. No go...) I will post the version info every time to assist.....

Interestingly, the admin login is the only one that works. All the others indicate that there isn't an account yet or username and password do not match.

Back to trying to solve the problem: is there something I can do to trace/log the flow to see why users aren't able to log in?

Additional info: I created a new user. They got the email that their account was created, along with their password. However, they were unable to login.

josef
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by jzeevi.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #245706 by nant

jzeevi wrote: As stated in previous posts, I am at Joomla 2.5.20 and CB 1.9.1. (I recently reinstalled 1.9.1 to see if that would help. No go...) I will post the version info every time to assist.....

Interestingly, the admin login is the only one that works. All the others indicate that there isn't an account yet or username and password do not match.

Back to trying to solve the problem: is there something I can do to trace/log the flow to see why users aren't able to log in?

Additional info: I created a new user. They got the email that their account was created, along with their password. However, they were unable to login.

josef

You can turn on Joomla debugging to maximum level and see if any errors pop up.

I have tested CB 1.9.1 with Joomla 2.5.20 and everything seems to work ok.

• jzeevi
  • jzeevi
10 years 4 months ago #245730 by jzeevi
Turning debug on provided interesting, but uninformative (to me) output.

I logged in as admin (which works) and noted the output.

I tried to login as another user (which didn't work) and noted that the output was similar, but different - it appears that the authentication didn't return any results so the DB query was effectively empty (as far as I could tell).

So, to summarize, admin can login. All other users (that have been tested) cannot. Asking for a password refresh ("Forgot Password") works (email goes to the right account, etc) but then still doesn't allow logging in. And, lastly, creating a new account doesn't allow logins either. (The "you are registered" email goes to the right place).

Any additional ideas?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon