Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Remember me checkbox function

• mitch2k
  • mitch2k
10 years 4 months ago #246120 by mitch2k
Remember me checkbox function was created by mitch2k
Hi,

I'm using Joomla 3.3.1. and CB 1.9.1. I use the default CB login menu (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login). While loggin in, there is a "remember me" checkbox present, but it looks like it doesn't do anything.

Even if you select it, and login, no user details are remembered after you log out. Am I doiing something wrong?

I've searched the forum, and found some topics of older CB and Joomla version with users that had the same issue, but it looks like it wasn't resolved.

Any one else has this issue? Or do I have to activate a plugin or something?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #246132 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Remember me checkbox function

mitch2k wrote: Hi,

I'm using Joomla 3.3.1. and CB 1.9.1. I use the default CB login menu (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login). While loggin in, there is a "remember me" checkbox present, but it looks like it doesn't do anything.

Even if you select it, and login, no user details are remembered after you log out. Am I doiing something wrong?

I've searched the forum, and found some topics of older CB and Joomla version with users that had the same issue, but it looks like it wasn't resolved.

Any one else has this issue? Or do I have to activate a plugin or something?

Thanks!

remember be doesn't do anything if you log out
you check it, login, then close your browser.. come back later.. you'll be logged back in
but this assumes the users browser allows cookies and doesn't purge them on close

Joomla it self handles remember me entirely, we just send a true/false boolean if it was checked or not to Joomla login API
The following user(s) said Thank You: mitch2k

• mitch2k
  • mitch2k
10 years 4 months ago #246203 by mitch2k
Replied by mitch2k on topic Remember me checkbox function
Thank you for the clarification! Now it makes sense!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon