Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs "import" feature

• poml
  • poml
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #246121 by poml
CBSubs "import" feature was created by poml
Hi there,

I am trying to use the CB Paid Subscriptions: New Import subscriptions feature but without success.

I have plenty of members that have a subscription in a plan called "lifetime-free". I would like to move them into a plan called "regular".
Now doing that directly does not work. I get an error message:

"Import failed:

Some users have already subscriptions: user ids: 458, ...
0 users subscribed to plan: Regular Membership , with state: Active

Following Users could not be subscribed (usernames) because either: (A) an exclusive active subscription exists that would conflict with the imported user subscription, or: (B) it is a children plan but the parent plan subscription does not exist:"

I searched the web and found some posts in joomlapolis where it was suggested to first use the import function to "expire" or "unsubscribe" people from the current plan, but I get the same error message as above.

What DOES work is: I edit a users profile by hand, I expire his subscription and save. Then, I can successfully import that user into the "regular" plan.

What also works is doing everything manually: I log in as this user into the frontend, go to "my subscriptions" under "my current upgrade possibilities" I find my "regular" plan. If I book this and pay it's no problem. I am unsubscribed from the "lifetime-free" old plan, and subscribed to the new "regular" plan. Also I see in the backend that under "lifetime-free" " Upgraded to higher plan on today"

I would appreciate very much any help!
Thanks in advance!

Ph
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by poml.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• poml
  • poml
10 years 4 months ago #246154 by poml
Replied by poml on topic CBSubs "import" feature
Actually this might have something to do with the potential bug I report here:

CBSubs Import feature reports success but subscriptions are not changed to unsubscribed/expired

Because, if the unsubscribe does not work, then of course the subscription to a new (exclusive) plan won't work either.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #246159 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CBSubs "import" feature

poml wrote: Hi there,

I am trying to use the CB Paid Subscriptions: New Import subscriptions feature but without success.

I have plenty of members that have a subscription in a plan called "lifetime-free". I would like to move them into a plan called "regular".
Now doing that directly does not work. I get an error message:

"Import failed:

Some users have already subscriptions: user ids: 458, ...
0 users subscribed to plan: Regular Membership , with state: Active

Following Users could not be subscribed (usernames) because either: (A) an exclusive active subscription exists that would conflict with the imported user subscription, or: (B) it is a children plan but the parent plan subscription does not exist:"

I searched the web and found some posts in joomlapolis where it was suggested to first use the import function to "expire" or "unsubscribe" people from the current plan, but I get the same error message as above.

What DOES work is: I edit a users profile by hand, I expire his subscription and save. Then, I can successfully import that user into the "regular" plan.

What also works is doing everything manually: I log in as this user into the frontend, go to "my subscriptions" under "my current upgrade possibilities" I find my "regular" plan. If I book this and pay it's no problem. I am unsubscribed from the "lifetime-free" old plan, and subscribed to the new "regular" plan. Also I see in the backend that under "lifetime-free" " Upgraded to higher plan on today"

I would appreciate very much any help!
Thanks in advance!

Ph

Hi and thanks for posting.

Suggest you login with the username used to purchase your CBSubs GPL membership and post to the CBSubs GPL support forum for assistance.

Also suggest to study the CBSubs GPL manual section on the import feature.

The import feature is not meant as a batch changing of existing subscriptions - it is meant to initialize your membership to a given starting point.

Using the import functionality for users that already have active subscriptions will most likely have issues.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon