Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Create a social matchup network

• manag99
  • manag99
10 years 1 month ago #249414 by manag99
Create a social matchup network was created by manag99
Good evening,
my intention is to create a website that will allow users to have a profile(local account or Facebook login). Each profile will have many attributes like reputation, upvotes, downvotes, comments etc. So far so good. Apart from this, I need a service that each user will be able to set himself available for, lets say, a basketball game 1on1 for i.e. tonight in a local basket field. Furthermore I want the users to be able to search for users who are available tonight or tommorow for a game.
Each user would be able to set himself available, so other people can find him, or he would search for others. There would be various search fields, such as age, reputation, location etc.

Do you believe that this can be implemented by using CB+plugins? Can you mention some useful plugins?

Thanks for your time...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 1 month ago #249420 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Create a social matchup network

manag99 wrote: Good evening,
my intention is to create a website that will allow users to have a profile(local account or Facebook login).

You will need CB Connect (Advanced/Professional membership needed) to let users login/register using their facebook account.

Each profile will have many attributes like reputation, upvotes, downvotes, comments etc.

Core FREE CB does this.

So far so good. Apart from this, I need a service that each user will be able to set himself available for, lets say, a basketball game 1on1 for i.e. tonight in a local basket field. Furthermore I want the users to be able to search for users who are available tonight or tommorow for a game.
Each user would be able to set himself available, so other people can find him, or he would search for others. There would be various search fields, such as age, reputation, location etc.

You can certainly do the skills matching using user lists and searching.
But CB does not have an events support functionality.

Do you believe that this can be implemented by using CB+plugins? Can you mention some useful plugins?

Thanks for your time...

So to summarize. With CB you can certainly setup the skills and the searching so for example a user can search for other users of specific age and location and get a list of users that way.

From then on there is no direct support for events.
One alternative could be to use GroupJIve and let users create specific groups - for example "Tennis matches group @ location A". GroupJive does support events.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon