Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Late as always ? CB 2.0 Final Stable not ready again?

• nant
  • nant
10 years 1 week ago #250034 by nant

Andromeda57 wrote: Ok, thanks. Because its just this plugin we are waiting for to use cb 2.0.

But now, we installed cb 2.0, after using cb tools the website is down and we get an error message, no frontend use possible :((

Whats that error?

Is this a clean CB 2.0 install or did you install over CB 1.9.1>

What Joomla version?

If it was a CB 191 install what other CB plugins did you have?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 week ago #250036 by Andromeda57
It is an installation over 1.9.1.

Joomla version is up to date: 3.3.6

We have some other plugins... privacy, cbsubs, conditional, groupjive, .... A problem of a plugin none working in cb 2.0?

• nant
  • nant
10 years 1 week ago #250039 by nant

Andromeda57 wrote: It is an installation over 1.9.1.

Joomla version is up to date: 3.3.6

We have some other plugins... privacy, cbsubs, conditional, groupjive, .... A problem of a plugin none working in cb 2.0?

Have you updated these other plugins (at least the onew from joomlapolis) based on this compatibility matrix we have provided:

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

• dwebber
  • dwebber
10 years 1 week ago #250042 by dwebber
not wishing to jump on the thread but first look on mine needs uddleim disabling to get it to work.

I would disable all but core plugins and then enable them one at a time

• nant
  • nant
10 years 1 week ago #250049 by nant

dwebber wrote: not wishing to jump on the thread but first look on mine needs uddleim disabling to get it to work.

I would disable all but core plugins and then enable them one at a time

Yes please do not hijack - start your own thread - it will really help us.

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #250108 by krileon
CB 2.0 compatibility API is not a guarantee. If you're upgrading from CB 1.x please disable all non-core plugins before upgrading. Now install CB 2.0. Once done upgrade all your CB plugins that are provided by Joomlapolis in accordance to the compatibility page. Next enable your plugins 1 by 1 and check for issues. 3rd party plugins are nearly guaranteed to not work as we've no idea what API they were using that was deprecated. Please contact the developers of any 3rd party plugins for support regarding their plugins as we can not help with them.

Please also keep in mind the below plugins have not had their upgrades yet.

CB Activity
CB Auto Actions
CB Conditionals
CB Connect
CB Privacy
CB GroupJive
CB ProfileBook
CB ProfileGallery

There just was not enough time to have them all upgraded before CB 2.0 went stable. Many of them also need very serious upgrades to not only be compatible, but be more usable. CB Connect for example is due for a major upgrade. CB Auto Actions is what I am currently upgrading and will have released early next week.

Please keep all this in mind before upgrading to CB 2.0. Especially if your site depends on any of the above plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon