Skip to Content Skip to Menu

A few fuzzy strings

10 years 1 week ago #250136 by AlexSmirnov
A few fuzzy strings was created by AlexSmirnov
Hi guys,

Congrats on releasing CB 2.0 Stable.

I have a few fuzzy strings left to deal with nn my CB 2.0 Russian localisation. Could you please help me to sort them out?

In admin_language.php

1) Deleted %s not allowed user id 0 entry.

// What does this message suggest: deleted %s not allowed or %s has been deleted?

2) Whether a list should hide the results of an empty search. This will result in List All and no search criteria results hiding the results and showing the search criteria only.

// "This will result in List All" doesn't make sence. Is it "This will result in displaying 'List All' and ..."? What is "List All"? Is it a criteria?

// What does "no search creteria results hiding the results" mean?

3) Whether this list should show as a grid of users or a list of users. Note this only works for div based output. Default is no.

// "Default is no" doesn't make any sense to me. In my opinion, it can only be one of the two: either a "Grid" or a "List".

4) Display Email with Mail-To link

// What is the "Email" here: is it an email address? emailing functionality in general? an email letter?

5) Add New Mailer

// Please elaborate on "Mailer". what is it?

====================

1) Timeago, with Ago

// is it to translate or to leave untranslated?

2) Timeago, without Ago

3) Datetime

4) Select CB field to synchronize model personal test from.

// Are we synching CB field with a model of a personal test or with a test of a personal model? Placing threee nouns one after another one is very confusing.

Regards,

Alex

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 1 week ago #250396 by nant
Replied by nant on topic A few fuzzy strings

AlexSmirnov wrote: Hi guys,

Congrats on releasing CB 2.0 Stable.

You are welcome Alex and thank you for all your assistance with Russian localization and community support.

I have a few fuzzy strings left to deal with nn my CB 2.0 Russian localisation. Could you please help me to sort them out?

In admin_language.php

1) Deleted %s not allowed user id 0 entry.

// What does this message suggest: deleted %s not allowed or %s has been deleted?

This is a message that is displayed during tools check when user account entries are found that are not correct (have id of 0).

2) Whether a list should hide the results of an empty search. This will result in List All and no search criteria results hiding the results and showing the search criteria only.

// "This will result in List All" doesn't make sence. Is it "This will result in displaying 'List All' and ..."? What is "List All"? Is it a criteria?

When you are viewing a user list in frontend and do a search on it you can revert the search by clicking on a "List All" button which is shown after your search criteria is executed.

// What does "no search creteria results hiding the results" mean?

Please visit your CB 2.0 backend and create a new user list - then look at the tooltip on the Hide Empty Searches parameter in the Parameters Search tab.

It basically explains how this parameter works.

3) Whether this list should show as a grid of users or a list of users. Note this only works for div based output. Default is no.

// "Default is no" doesn't make any sense to me. In my opinion, it can only be one of the two: either a "Grid" or a "List".

Once again - check the Parameters -> Display tab of a user list in backend for the Use Grid Layout setting which is a YES/NO field.

4) Display Email with Mail-To link

// What is the "Email" here: is it an email address? emailing functionality in general? an email letter?

Yes Email is the primary email address used by the user when creating his/her account.

See the CB Configuration -> General tab -> Email Handling setting.

5) Add New Mailer

// Please elaborate on "Mailer". what is it?

This is a language string for the now built-in CB Admin Navigation module.
This specific string refers to the CBSubs Add Mailer functionality.

1) Timeago, with Ago

2) Timeago, without Ago

These are related to the drop-down options of a Date field.

Just create a Date field and look at the Parameters -> Display -> Profile View setting to see its options.

The setting Timeago, with Ago will make CB display this date field as" X days ago.
The setting Timeago, without Ago will make CB display this date as just X days (without the ago).

3) Datetime

I would say yes.
It refers to the Datetime field type option when you create a new field.

4) Select CB field to synchronize model personal test from.

// Are we synching CB field with a model of a personal test or with a test of a personal model? Placing threee nouns one after another one is very confusing.

Ha - last one is a typo .. it should be:

model personal text from (tset -> text ... wiull be fixed in next nightly build)

This area refers to selecting CB fields to be synchronized with specific Kunena fields.

Kunena has a field "Personal Text" and we are asking here for the CB field that is to be synchronized with this field.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexSmirnov

10 years 5 days ago - 10 years 5 days ago #250848 by AlexSmirnov
Replied by AlexSmirnov on topic A few fuzzy strings
[delete]

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.
Last edit: 10 years 5 days ago by AlexSmirnov.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon