Skip to Content Skip to Menu

One web, several communities

• apm
  • apm
10 years 1 week ago #250648 by apm
One web, several communities was created by apm
I have a web where users register and each access to a private zone of his own. No one can see each others private zone.

Now I would like to have a social network in every and each of this private zones. Is it possible with CB?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 6 days ago #250679 by nant
Replied by nant on topic One web, several communities

apm wrote: I have a web where users register and each access to a private zone of his own. No one can see each others private zone.

Now I would like to have a social network in every and each of this private zones. Is it possible with CB?

From what I understand from your 2 line description I would think that CB GroupJive might work for you.

See GroupJive description here:

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/groupjive

• apm
  • apm
10 years 6 days ago #250759 by apm
Replied by apm on topic One web, several communities
I would be very pleased to buy CBJive but previously I have to be sured that it provides the functionality I am looking for.

Can you describe the procedure by which several independent communities are built and how login and registration procedures will take place in order not to mix members.

I need something simple but pedagogical.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 6 days ago #250762 by nant
Replied by nant on topic One web, several communities

apm wrote: I would be very pleased to buy CBJive but previously I have to be sured that it provides the functionality I am looking for.

Can you describe the procedure by which several independent communities are built and how login and registration procedures will take place in order not to mix members.

I need something simple but pedagogical.

Basically all users of all "communities" will register and login to your single Joomla site.

From then, each user can be automatically placed in a specific GroupJive group, or each user can browse through available groups and join one or more.

Each such group has its own wall, its own discussion board, its own file, photo, video sharing and its own events.

That is more or less what is available with Joomla/CB/GroupJive.

If that is not sufficient then I suggest you search the JED for something perhaps more in line with your expectations. Personally I have not seen something better.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon