Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Auto-generate password registration issue

• sharivan
  • sharivan
9 years 11 months ago #251803 by sharivan
I have a password (and password verify) field in my registration form which works fine. Users successfully register and info is captured in the database. But upon registering, an auto-generated password is emailed to the user. The user can then only login in with the password that is emailed to them and not the password they created and verified and which is in the database.

In cb registration settings I have generate passwords, admin approval, email confirmation all set to 'no'. In joomla users management, I have send password set to 'no'.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 11 months ago #251843 by nant

sharivan wrote:
In cb registration settings I have generate passwords, admin approval, email confirmation all set to 'no'. In joomla users management, I have send password set to 'no'.

Any help would be much appreciated.

This means that something else you have installed is causing this.

I cannot reproduce on a clean Joomla 3.3.3 site with a fresh CB 2.0.1 install.

• sharivan
  • sharivan
9 years 11 months ago #251846 by sharivan
Replied by sharivan on topic Auto-generate password registration issue
Thanks, I disabled all extensions that I installed since installing cb and still nothing. When I look into db table comprofiler_fields I see two password related fields, one called "password" which seems to the original and another one called "cb_password", which is a custome one being used in the form.

The original "password" field does not appear in CB field management but "cb_password" does.

How do I reinstate the original "password" field in field management? I tried replicating the settings/parameters from the original "password" field in the "cb_password" field in the db, but still no luck.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 11 months ago #251850 by nant

sharivan wrote: Thanks, I disabled all extensions that I installed since installing cb and still nothing. When I look into db table comprofiler_fields I see two password related fields, one called "password" which seems to the original and another one called "cb_password", which is a custome one being used in the form.

The original "password" field does not appear in CB field management but "cb_password" does.

How do I reinstate the original "password" field in field management? I tried replicating the settings/parameters from the original "password" field in the "cb_password" field in the db, but still no luck.

Not sure what you have done on your site - you should really avoid tampering with the database if you are not 100% sure.

Suggest you install a fresh test site with just CB 2.0.1 and test there.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon