Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to Resend Login Details?

9 years 11 months ago #252389 by
My users regularly forget both username and password. I then need to manually reset their password and manually type in the new credentials in an email, and so on. The opportunity for errors is great, and it is a burden. Is there a way in which this can be automated?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 11 months ago #252404 by nant
Replied by nant on topic How to Resend Login Details?

gerrit_hoekstra wrote: My users regularly forget both username and password. I then need to manually reset their password and manually type in the new credentials in an email, and so on. The opportunity for errors is great, and it is a burden. Is there a way in which this can be automated?

The forgot login feature allows them to recover their username and reset their password.

9 years 11 months ago #252441 by
Replied by on topic How to Resend Login Details?
There has always been provision for that use-case of a user doing a self-service account recovery. That was not the question, however.

I am talking about the use-case where the user asks me to do it for them. All they want at the end of the day is an email with their credentials. This is a common use-case that I have regularly used on other platforms. So my question is: How to I do that in an operationally-acceptable manner?

• nant
  • nant
9 years 11 months ago #252447 by nant
Replied by nant on topic How to Resend Login Details?

gerrit_hoekstra wrote: There has always been provision for that use-case of a user doing a self-service account recovery. That was not the question, however.

I posted this because I was not aware that you were using it.

I am talking about the use-case where the user asks me to do it for them. All they want at the end of the day is an email with their credentials. This is a common use-case that I have regularly used on other platforms. So my question is: How to I do that in an operationally-acceptable manner?

Joomla (and all systems that are coded properly) does not store clear-text passwords. A password once created is hashed and cannot be recovered in clear-text form. This is the reason that there is a password reset functionality and not a password reminder.

No idea what "other platforms" you are using.

Since you know the email and username of the problematic account, you could just manually follow the "self-service" process on behalf of the user from frontend.

This would result in the user getting the relevant email.

There is no backend reset password functionality in CB (I do not think Joomla has it either).

9 years 11 months ago #252646 by Lumineer22
Replied by Lumineer22 on topic How to Resend Login Details?
Thanks for clearing that...
I really wish there was some easier solution to this :(

9 years 11 months ago #252755 by
Replied by on topic How to Resend Login Details?
I resorted to manually sending my new imported user an email each. Painful, but the only option here.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon