Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB User Registration and Front End Moderator Issues

• Portalboy
  • Portalboy
9 years 10 months ago #254404 by Portalboy
Yo!

In need of some help.

I'm building a portal where users are required to register. I've also built a new ACL as follows:

- Operators have Registered as parent.
- Supervisors have Editor as parent.
- Managers have Editor as parent.

New users who register, upon approval, will be operators. They can view articles and dl attachments and docs.
Supervisors can do the same as operators AND they can submit articles and docs, but not publish them.
Managers (also frontend moderator) can view and publish but not any admin stuff.

Here's what I need help with:

1. When a new user registers, the manager will receive the notification to approve/reject in the front end. To my knowledge, that's all they can do. I need them to also place them in the appropriate 'view accessing level' from the front end. Is this possible?

2. A new user who registers becomes an operator (registered). This is working so far. A new user who registers and I put them as a supervisor (editor as parent) isn't working - it says access forbidden. So I'm obviously missing something.

I'm using CB as main registry; joomla one is turned off and operator is set to new registers group (new users become operators).

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 10 months ago #254421 by nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon