Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Contact links from a user list?

• maestroc
  • maestroc
9 years 10 months ago #254808 by maestroc
Contact links from a user list? was created by maestroc
I am migrating an old J1.5 site up to 3.x and have a problem figuring out an issue with a user list. On the old site the list looks like this:

[img

When I go to the same list on the new site, setting it up (I think) with the same columns, etc. I don't get that. Instead I get this:

[img

I cut out all the extra list items to save space.

Two problems here:

1) On the old site there was a Send Email link in that last column that took the user to a contact form where they could send an email. How do I make a link like that on the new J3.x site running CB 2.0.4? I have the email field set to show the user's email but it is not showing.

2) The entire line is hotlinked to the user's profile page but on all of the members except the new user I created it gives me the "you are not authorized to view this page" error. The Chad profile you see in those lists works fine though, and as far as I can tell all the others are set up the same way. Any idea what permission or other issue I might be missing here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• heyai
  • heyai
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #254816 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Contact links from a user list?
How did you migrate the users?

Did you run all the checks in Community Builder -> Tools in the backend?

It sounds strange that display of profiles differ. Are you logged in when that happens? If you have the privacy plugin installed, are they set as private?

How did you create that e-Mail field in the old version?

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by heyai.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon