Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Question about potential of CB

• jabba84
  • jabba84
9 years 9 months ago #256095 by jabba84
Question about potential of CB was created by jabba84
Hello everyone! I have a question about some features of CB. I have to buil d a site like this:

Users can register in group A and post ads in a categorized wall (for example, i want to sell a car in the category vehicles).

More users can register in group B and see the post posted in any category of the site (example browse every vehicle or shoes). I do NOT want to make an e-commerce... so there will be no payment... just a wall to see insertions.

Last feature: users in group A can subscribe to arrive "first" in the researches that users in group B make in every category.

Is this possible with community builder?

Thank you!

WebMaster & JoomlaLover @ www.pixed.it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jccpp
  • jccpp
9 years 9 months ago #256596 by jccpp
Replied by jccpp on topic Question about potential of CB
Hello!

i´m not a pro, but for the first data should be possible (including add ons). But i guess you have to create your last feature on your own.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 9 months ago #256605 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Question about potential of CB

jabba84 wrote: Hello everyone! I have a question about some features of CB. I have to buil d a site like this:

Users can register in group A and post ads in a categorized wall (for example, i want to sell a car in the category vehicles).

More users can register in group B and see the post posted in any category of the site (example browse every vehicle or shoes). I do NOT want to make an e-commerce... so there will be no payment... just a wall to see insertions.

Last feature: users in group A can subscribe to arrive "first" in the researches that users in group B make in every category.

Is this possible with community builder?

Thank you!

Community Builder is not an ads extension to have category walls.

You should really look into one of the Joomla directory extensions or a joomla classifieds extension and start there.

I guess you could perhaps simulate your use case to a certain extent using GroupJive, but I do not think it is a good fit.

• jabba84
  • jabba84
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #256671 by jabba84
Replied by jabba84 on topic Question about potential of CB
thank for the answers. I'll try anyway if i can use CB for that

EDIT: what if i want to set CB like this:

User A registers to the site selecting during registration the group X
User B registers to the site selecting during registration the group X
User C registers to the site selecting during registration the group Y

Any user (also not logged in) can take a look to the group X and see the list of every user registered to that group (in this case users A and B ).
I give registered users the possibility to pay an annual subscription to get first in the list so if user B pays the subscription in the results of group X i will always see B first then A.
In this way it become a "wall" of users and not a "wall" of ads. Is this possible?

Thank you again

WebMaster & JoomlaLover @ www.pixed.it
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by jabba84.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon