Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Question about CB Connect

• adips
  • adips
9 years 9 months ago #256697 by adips
Question about CB Connect was created by adips
Hi there,

I'm using a very old version CB since several years already, and am very happy with it.

As I plan to update my website to the last version of Joomla! (and CB) and want to modernise it, I have a question about CB Connect add-on.

It is not possible to register to my website. I handle a community of school graduates people and I mannualy create the accounts for the news graduates. But I want to offer them the possibility to connect with their social networks logins (facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc.). Not to register with their external accounts, just connect themeself into my website.

Do you know if CB Connect offers the possibility to connect with (per example) a Facebook account, when the account on my website aldready exists ? Is CB Connect able to link the information from Facebook (or twitter) user email to the local email and connect the user on my website ?

Depending on this possibility, I will purchase a advanced licence. :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Stéphane :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 9 months ago #256702 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Question about CB Connect

adips wrote: Hi there,

I'm using a very old version CB since several years already, and am very happy with it.

Glad to hear that you are using CB for some years now ;-)

As I plan to update my website to the last version of Joomla! (and CB) and want to modernise it, I have a question about CB Connect add-on.

It is not possible to register to my website. I handle a community of school graduates people and I mannualy create the accounts for the news graduates. But I want to offer them the possibility to connect with their social networks logins (facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc.). Not to register with their external accounts, just connect themeself into my website.

Do you know if CB Connect offers the possibility to connect with (per example) a Facebook account, when the account on my website aldready exists ? Is CB Connect able to link the information from Facebook (or twitter) user email to the local email and connect the user on my website ?

Depending on this possibility, I will purchase a advanced licence. :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Stéphane :woohoo:

CB Connect can be configured to just allow account linking and not new registrations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adips

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon