Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Adding a custom function afer user saved

• llau
  • llau
9 years 9 months ago #257253 by llau
Hi there,

I'm trying to add a function that will get triggered after a user gets registered from the Community builder registration form? Is there a way of doing this using PHP code through the Joomla backend of Community Builder, like how Fabrik works, or would I need to add some code to the Community Builder core files?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• llau
  • llau
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #257258 by llau
Replied by llau on topic Adding a custom function afer user saved
Please disregard, I've found the file to add custom code, the comprofiler.php file:

case "saveregisters"

Hope this helps someone else!
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by llau.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 9 months ago #257276 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Adding a custom function afer user saved

llau wrote: Hi there,

I'm trying to add a function that will get triggered after a user gets registered from the Community builder registration form? Is there a way of doing this using PHP code through the Joomla backend of Community Builder, like how Fabrik works, or would I need to add some code to the Community Builder core files?

Thanks in advance.

CB Auto Actions (Professional membership) can be used to do this without hacking code.

www.joomlapolis.com/news/18482-23-action-types-in-cb-auto-actions-6-for-cb-20

Your code hacks will be over-written when you upgrade in the future.

• llau
  • llau
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #257415 by llau
Replied by llau on topic Adding a custom function afer user saved
Thanks, Nant, we've purchase the Professional membership and I've installed the CB Auto Actions plugin.

I'm trying to create an action of type "Query", that will trigger when a new "specific" user gets registered. I'm guessing that I should use the "After User Approval" trigger as there is no After User Save trigger.

What I want to do is to retrieve a text field value from the cb_comprofiler table corresponding to the new user, and insert that value into another Joomla table. I'm also not sure if there is any special kind of syntax I should use, as I can't seem to find any real documentation on this CB plugin.

Thanks again,
V
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by llau.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 9 months ago #257450 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Adding a custom function afer user saved

llau wrote: Thanks, Nant, we've purchase the Professional membership and I've installed the CB Auto Actions plugin.

I'm trying to create an action of type "Query", that will trigger when a new "specific" user gets registered. I'm guessing that I should use the "After User Approval" trigger as there is no After User Save trigger.

What I want to do is to retrieve a text field value from the cb_comprofiler table corresponding to the new user, and insert that value into another Joomla table. I'm also not sure if there is any special kind of syntax I should use, as I can't seem to find any real documentation on this CB plugin.

Thanks again,
V

Please start a professional support thread using the account that purchased the Professional membership and we will assist you there.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon