Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Curl Error - CB 2.0.5 Configuration Issue

• trlbldr
  • trlbldr
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #257608 by trlbldr
I upgraded from CB 1.9.1 to CB 2.0.5 last night. The new Control Panel and all functions work - EXCEPT for CB Configuration.

Yes, I followed a Google link to the originally displayed error message (<!-- SHTML Wrapper - 500 Server Error -->). The StackOverflow solution is for WordPress users, but it made some sense, so I switched my site ( www.acmetreadway.net ) to use PHP FastCGI 5.4. The problem remains, however. The Joomla error messages are:

Warning: curl_multi_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in .../libraries/CBLib/GuzzleHttp/Adapter/Curl/MultiAdapter.php on line 132

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 240 seconds exceeded in .../libraries/CBLib/GuzzleHttp/Adapter/Curl/MultiAdapter.php on line 154

The server error log shows these repetitive errors:

PHP Warning: curl_multi_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in .../libraries/CBLib/GuzzleHttp/Adapter/Curl/MultiAdapter.php on line 132 [22-Jan-2015 22:55:25 America/Denver]
PHP Warning: curl_multi_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in .../libraries/CBLib/GuzzleHttp/Adapter/Curl/MultiAdapter.php on line 132 [23-Jan-2015 11:03:10 America/Denver]
PHP Warning: curl_multi_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in .../libraries/CBLib/GuzzleHttp/Adapter/Curl/MultiAdapter.php on line 132 [23-Jan-2015 11:07:12 America/Denver]
PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 240 seconds exceeded in .../libraries/CBLib/GuzzleHttp/Adapter/Curl/MultiAdapter.php on line 154 [23-Jan-2015 11:11:29 America/Denver]
PHP Warning: curl_multi_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in .../libraries/CBLib/GuzzleHttp/Adapter/Curl/MultiAdapter.php on line 132 [23-Jan-2015 11:14:34 America/Denver]
PHP Warning: curl_multi_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in .../libraries/CBLib/GuzzleHttp/Adapter/Curl/MultiAdapter.php on line 132 [23-Jan-2015 11:15:32 America/Denver]
PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 240 seconds exceeded in .../libraries/CBLib/GuzzleHttp/Adapter/Curl/MultiAdapter.php on line 154

My system is setup with these parameters:

PHP Built On: Linux
Database Version: 5.5.40-36.1-log
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.4.34
Web Server: Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 3.3.6 Stable
Joomla! Platform Version: Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Don White
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by nant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 8 months ago #257617 by nant
Our HTTP library Guzzle requires curl_multi_exec to be enabled. Based off your error log your host has it disabled. You need to contact your host and have them remove it from the disabled list in your PHP.ini. Without it Guzzle will be unable to make HTTP requests and as your host has marked it disabled it's throwing a fatal error, which is why you can't reach CBs configuration and likely any page where Guzzle is used.

• trlbldr
  • trlbldr
9 years 8 months ago #257656 by trlbldr
Replied by trlbldr on topic Curl Error - CB 2.0.5 Configuration Issue
Thank you! In days of yore (Joomla 1.x, 2.x), reputable Joomla security entities recommended disabling curl_multi_exec with a local php.ini. I did that and continued it with Joomla 3.x. I did not know that it is not a potential problem. Removing that directive fixes the problem.

Cheers.

Don White

• nant
  • nant
9 years 8 months ago #257663 by nant

trlbldr wrote: Removing that directive fixes the problem.

Cheers.

Yup the new library needs it and it is not really considered a security issue anymore.

FYI - updated the CB download description to show this as a technical requirement.

• jpp12
  • jpp12
9 years 8 months ago #257888 by jpp12
Replied by jpp12 on topic Curl Error - CB 2.0.5 Configuration Issue
I have the same issue. My hoster doesn't want to activate curl_multi_exec on shared environment in order to prevent issues jeopardizing other sites shared on the same server.
Is it a possibility to adapt the code of MultiAdapter.php to replace curl_multi_exec by one or several curl_exec.

Thanks in advance for your answer

• nant
  • nant
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #257893 by nant

jpp12 wrote: I have the same issue. My hoster doesn't want to activate curl_multi_exec on shared environment in order to prevent issues jeopardizing other sites shared on the same server.
Is it a possibility to adapt the code of MultiAdapter.php to replace curl_multi_exec by one or several curl_exec.

Thanks in advance for your answer

curl_multi_exec is no more dangerous than curl_exec. Both execute cURL requests in the same way except curl_multi_exec can handle sub-connections. This helps save system resources by avoiding rebuilding the request each time in a sub-connection usage. Guzzle uses sub-connections and queueing to help prioritize and condense the cURL requests. Your proposed modification likely will not work as the cURL properties are setup differently. My advise is to have your host change it or switch hosts.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by nant.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon