Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB 2.0.5 - 'Lost password' emails not being sent.

9 years 8 months ago #258342 by nathanzamprogno
CB 2.0.5 - 'Lost password' emails not being sent. was created by nathanzamprogno
Our school uses Joomla v3.3.6 and Community Builder 2.0.5.

When users forget their password, the "Forgot password" function does not always send the registered user the email that resets it. I created an account recently and tested the feature, and I got the email. Users created earlier, such as last year, do not receive the email.

I see several threads that are years old reporting the same issue, and the fixes reference configuration no longer in the version we are using, for example the Extensions --> Plug-In Manager --> User - Joomla! area does not even contain the option for "Use strong passwords" that others have suggested be toggled.

Can anyone help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 8 months ago #258347 by nant

nathanzamprogno wrote: Our school uses Joomla v3.3.6 and Community Builder 2.0.5.

When users forget their password, the "Forgot password" function does not always send the registered user the email that resets it. I created an account recently and tested the feature, and I got the email. Users created earlier, such as last year, do not receive the email.

I see several threads that are years old reporting the same issue, and the fixes reference configuration no longer in the version we are using, for example the Extensions --> Plug-In Manager --> User - Joomla! area does not even contain the option for "Use strong passwords" that others have suggested be toggled.

Can anyone help?

If things are working with some emails then most likely everything is working ok.
The emails are most likely being sent but they are perhaps going to spam folders of some recipients.

9 years 8 months ago #258446 by nathanzamprogno
Replied by nathanzamprogno on topic CB 2.0.5 - 'Lost password' emails not being sent.
No, and of course we would check for password reset emails inadvertently going into Spam, etc.

Emails are definitely not being sent for all but the most recently created users.

Is there a way to reconstitute the userlist database? To bulk-reset passwords and have them emailed to the entire list? Why does the solution proffered several years back reference a configuration parameter which doesn't seem present now (the 'Use Strong Passwords' feature mentioned in my original post? Has this been surpassed or moved elsewhere in the configuration?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon