Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Setting up slightly complex access levels

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #258417 by colinstewart
Setting up slightly complex access levels was created by colinstewart
Hi

Sorry if this is a bit long-winded but what I am wanting to set up is a bit complex for myself to set up without some advice.

I am in the process of setting up a website and am not quite sure how to setup the access levels and groups.
I messaged before asking about the conditional plugin but have had the response that it is only available on the Professional Membership. I was offered discount, thanks for that, but as I'm a disabled student doing a group a favour, it is not affordable.

Briefly, this is for a group of people that have lost a lot of money due to apparent fraud by the company they were investing in and negligence by the governing bodies. The group have managed to get solicitors on a no win no fee as most have now lost their entire life savings, are pensioners and have no money left. I am trying to help but this is being done on a shoestring. So without the conditional plugin, I am trying to work out how to setup certain fields.

There will be the up to 183 Clients, 2-4 Solicitors, 7 Financial Advisors (IFAs), 3-Journalists, 5 supporters plus two admins for each solicitor and one super-user.

The Clients will be in linked to either Solicitor A or Solicitor B etc or None.
Some clients will be requiring totally anonymity so will be choosing usernames and won't want their names or addresses visible to other clients. There will be fields however on their profile that will need to be visible to other clients. I thought I could set these up in different tabs but what do I set the tabs to so one tab is not visible to other clients, but the other tabs are.

Some clients will be happy to display their full name, so I thought I would need to have the first and last name as a required field and another first and last name as not required fields (maybe under a different tab with different access) so if they entered in the not required filed, that would display. That is not ideal as they would be entering their names in twice if they were not worried about showing their name, unless I am missing something that you can explain to me.

Clients will should be able to see a full list of clients but only their usernames and which IFA they had been using.

Solicitors will be able to see the full information but only of the clients linked to them. 2 or 3 admins will only be able to see everything for a specific solicitors clients.
I will need a tab for financial losses. Each client will have to fill out the financial losses inormation. This will not be visible to other clients, only visible to the relevant solicitor

Solicitors should not be able to view any posting made by clients, whether blogs, forum postings or articles other than those in a forums specifically for asking either of the solicitors.

The Journalists will only see articles we decide they can see. They can see the list of usernames but not any realnames, address etc.

I hope I have explained it reasonably well and you are able to understand it and explain to me what how to setup.

Much Thanks
Colin
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by colinstewart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon