Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Please help me with these 2 questions

• boncb
  • boncb
9 years 8 months ago #258870 by boncb
Please I have been learning community builder for about a month now and so far so good. I have been able to set it up and ready to go. However, I have not been able to launch the site yet because of 2 issues.

1. My first question is, Is it possible to create a direct link to the user profile page? In other words, Is there a way for users to share their profile pages on facebook, twitter, etc?

2. My second question is, Is there a way to make the blog posts public for people to read? In other words, if I create a blog using the blog plugin in community builder, is there a way to make that blog public so search engines can index it?

Thanks all in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 8 months ago #258884 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Please help me with these 2 questions

boncb wrote: Please I have been learning community builder for about a month now and so far so good. I have been able to set it up and ready to go. However, I have not been able to launch the site yet because of 2 issues.

Good questions.

Glad you are enjoying our Free Community Builder 2.0 series.

1. My first question is, Is it possible to create a direct link to the user profile page? In other words, Is there a way for users to share their profile pages on facebook, twitter, etc?

You first need to have configured your profiles to be public (see CB Configuration -> User Profile tab for parameter).
Then you can create a Custom HTML field to show the URL direct profile link to each user's profile page.

The Custom HTML field should look like:

<a href="http://yourwebsiteurl/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&user=[user_id]&Itemid=your_joomla_menu_id" title="" target="_blank">My Profile URL for sharing</a>

Please test this.

2. My second question is, Is there a way to make the blog posts public for people to read? In other words, if I create a blog using the blog plugin in community builder, is there a way to make that blog public so search engines can index it?

Thanks all in advance.

The blog posts must be published public to begin with.

If blogs are stored as joomla content elements, you should create menu items to them via joomla. If they are stored as internal to CB storage elements, then the user profiles need to be public and the blog plugin also.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon