Skip to Content Skip to Menu

error: CB Login module not created (required)

• HETA
  • HETA
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #259377 by HETA
Morning All,

I've just upgraded to CB 2.0.6 and now receive the following message when all users except the Super User attempt to login to the frontend: "error: CB Login module not created (required)."

Prior to the upgrade using the default login module would work (CB login module was not published). So I've published the CB login module to see if this is a work around but users still cant login, this time users get "Incorrect username or password. Please try again." error message.

I've re-downloaded the update to see if it was an issue from the 1st release and also gone through all the check and synchronise options in the CB Tools option but still having the same issue.

Any known fix for this?
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by HETA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 8 months ago #259390 by nant

HETA wrote: Morning All,

I've just upgraded to CB 2.0.6 and now receive the following message when all users except the Super User attempt to login to the frontend: "error: CB Login module not created (required)."

Prior to the upgrade using the default login module would work (CB login module was not published). So I've published the CB login module to see if this is a work around but users still cant login, this time users get "Incorrect username or password. Please try again." error message.

I've re-downloaded the update to see if it was an issue from the 1st release and also gone through all the check and synchronise options in the CB Tools option but still having the same issue.

Any known fix for this?

Hi and welcome to our forums!

Glad to hear that you have been using CB.

CB, since its inception was mean to be used with the CB Login module and the CB Registration process.

This has not changed.

What is stopping you from using the CB Login module?

• HETA
  • HETA
9 years 8 months ago #259401 by HETA
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply.

In all honesty, there isn't a reason not to use CB login module. We just left the default login module in situ because it was still working once we had installed CB.

I'm assuming its not as simple as un-publishing the default login modules and then publishing the CB login module and I need to amend something else in the backend?

I did un-publish the default module and publish the CB module but users still couldn't login. Some users received wrong username or password errors and a couple had errors stating unable to bind LDAP.

• gone7
  • gone7
9 years 7 months ago #259547 by gone7
I have also upgraded to the latest CB 2.0.6 and having issues with the CB Login. My CB Login doesn't seem to function properly when using the Google Chrome browser. It works fine in Explorer. When I log in using Google the front-end doesn't change (showing member access areas) and fails to show that I'm logged in. However, in the back-end it will show that I've logged in.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 7 months ago #259561 by nant

HETA wrote: Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply.

In all honesty, there isn't a reason not to use CB login module. We just left the default login module in situ because it was still working once we had installed CB.

I'm assuming its not as simple as un-publishing the default login modules and then publishing the CB login module and I need to amend something else in the backend?

I did un-publish the default module and publish the CB module but users still couldn't login. Some users received wrong username or password errors and a couple had errors stating unable to bind LDAP.

Well thank you for your very last sentence.
The fact that you are intending to authenticate with LDAP is an important aspect that you neglected to state.

In the future when posting please give all information needed.

CB 2.0.6 -> Configuration -> General Tab -> Login parameter needs to be set to Username, Email Address, or CMS Authentication Plugins

This should open the door for your LDAP authentication.

• HETA
  • HETA
9 years 7 months ago #260086 by HETA
Hi Nick,

Sorry for late reply, I've been of on paternity leave.

I've done as suggested, disabled the default login module, enabled the CB login module and amended the login parameter as mentioned in your reply above and I've also just updated to CB 2.0.7.

The users login and now get the following error "Incorrect email or password. Please try again." so it looks as though its not logging them in. However, if they refresh the page their account loads.

Its not a huge issue but I've already had a few users complain, is there something I'm missing on this one?

Also we're going to be looking at single sign-on later in the month, would this negate all the issues we're currently having since upgrading to CB 2.0.6 / CB2.0.7 or just add to the problems?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon