Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Upgrade Questions

9 years 7 months ago #260577 by baxterdown
Upgrade Questions was created by baxterdown
Hi everyone,

I have a client on J1.5 and CB1.4. I'm migrating them to J3.4 and CB2. Their use of CB is for the very simple purpose of having a member directory of their organization (about 100 profiles).

What is my best option?

A. Upgrade CB on the J1.5 install and then move it to J3.4 install?
B. Install CB on the J3.4 site and move the database from J1.5 (I have a cool extension that can access the old DB directly and move it to the new install)?
C. None of the above, I'm happy to hear other suggestions :)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 7 months ago #260803 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Upgrade Questions

baxterdown wrote: Hi everyone,

I have a client on J1.5 and CB1.4. I'm migrating them to J3.4 and CB2. Their use of CB is for the very simple purpose of having a member directory of their organization (about 100 profiles).

What is my best option?

A. Upgrade CB on the J1.5 install and then move it to J3.4 install?
B. Install CB on the J3.4 site and move the database from J1.5 (I have a cool extension that can access the old DB directly and move it to the new install)?
C. None of the above, I'm happy to hear other suggestions :)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jose

Please note the CB 1.4 release is from 2011.

Suggestions:

0. Always backup and go through the testing on a cloned site befor you replicate on live one.
A. Upgrade to CB 1.9.1 first on a J15 site. CB 1.9.1 readme file I believe has some instructions on manual update methods as J15 does not have support for upgrading components through installer. Use some migration tool that supports CB migration also. If you have CB plugins installed you might have issues with them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon