Skip to Content Skip to Menu

What version of MySql?

9 years 7 months ago #260728 by Cubewebdesigns
What version of MySql? was created by Cubewebdesigns
Greetings,
According to the specs below, the latest version (2.0.7) requires:

Technical Requirements:
Joomla 3.3++/2.5+, PHP 5.3.3+, MYSQL 5.1+, cURL must be enabled.

However, during my install on a Joomla 3.4.0 site, I get this error:

Notice
mysql 5.0.77-log is not supported. Minimum required version is mysql 5.6, but it is higly recommended to use mysql 5.5 or later.

Warning
Extension Install: Custom install routine failure.

Error
Error installing package

So what is it?
Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 7 months ago #260733 by nant
Replied by nant on topic What version of MySql?
Seems that you have an old MYSQL version.

9 years 7 months ago #260734 by Cubewebdesigns
Replied by Cubewebdesigns on topic What version of MySql?
mysql

MySQL Support enabled
Active Persistent Links 0
Active Links 0
Client API version 5.1.69

• nant
  • nant
9 years 7 months ago #260739 by nant
Replied by nant on topic What version of MySql?

Cubewebdesigns wrote: mysql

MySQL Support enabled
Active Persistent Links 0
Active Links 0
Client API version 5.1.69

Please check your Joomla -> System -> System Information menu -> System Information tab.

If your Database Version is > 5.1, then you are ok.

If your error / notice:

Notice
mysql 5.0.77-log is not supported. Minimum required version is mysql 5.6, but it is higly recommended to use mysql 5.5 or later.

is still there then you should ask your hosting helpdesk to help you with this.

9 years 7 months ago #260819 by Cubewebdesigns
Replied by Cubewebdesigns on topic What version of MySql?
And from my hosting service IT:
"Bill,

The MySQL server is running 5.1+ as Joomla shows, so the version itself is not the issue. We are running a version of mysql that is supported by the software. The error notice is odd to me, because I don't know where it is getting "mysql 5.0.77-log" from, and the rest of it doesn't make sense. It goes on to say that the MINIMUM required version of MySQL is 5.6 but 5.5 is recommended. If 5.6 is the bare minimum than recommending 5.5 doesn't make sense.

I'm wondering if the problem could possibly be with the way that the software detects the mysql version, since the MySQL server is remote at mysql.hosting-advantage.com I wonder if perhaps the software is checking the MySQL client variable on the localhost server instead of the MySQL version of the remote server. I can't answer that because I don't know the ins and outs of the programming of the plugin, but may be worth passing along to Joomlapolis
Regards,

James
NetFronts Support Department

Is there any light you can shed on this?

Thanks
Bill

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 7 months ago #260822 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What version of MySql?
Please provide exact MYSQL version. "The MySQL server is running 5.1+ as Joomla shows" is not accurate enough. The error message is saying that 5.6 is recommended, but the minimum is 5.5. Neither of those versions are required though. You just need to have greater than 5.1. Your site appears to have 5.0. 5.0.77 was acceptable for Joomla 1.x, but it will not work correctly with Joomla 2.x or 3.x. You need to have your host upgrade your MYSQL.

That error specifically isn't from CB or Joomla as I am unable to find it in either so is likely coming from the server during a normal query. Without the error callstack there's nothing more we can advise as we've no idea where it's coming from.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon