Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User fields translation - 2 languages

9 years 7 months ago #260842 by RichardWehrli
User fields translation - 2 languages was created by RichardWehrli
Hi everyone. Anyone?

I'm from Switzerland and I'm very new to joomla and cb, but it's great and works so far.

My problem: For our french speaking members I installed the fr-FR language plugin, and it works fine, all the CB built in texts (GE & FR) are all very well and I don't want to change them. What I need to get changed between the two languages are the labels for the fields and checkboxes in the user profiles.

E.g. the field "password" (cb user profile default) is nicely translated to "Passwort" for GE and "mot de passe" for French, but a profile field I added, e.g. "Ort" is not translated to FR. What can I do?

I installed your language override plugin, that's very nice for the pre-built-in-fields, but not for the ones I created - in which directory do I find those?

Thanx, Richard

Joomla 3.4.0 / CB 2.0.7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 7 months ago #260864 by nant
Replied by nant on topic User fields translation - 2 languages

RichardWehrli wrote: Hi everyone. Anyone?

I'm from Switzerland and I'm very new to joomla and cb, but it's great and works so far.

My problem: For our french speaking members I installed the fr-FR language plugin, and it works fine, all the CB built in texts (GE & FR) are all very well and I don't want to change them. What I need to get changed between the two languages are the labels for the fields and checkboxes in the user profiles.

E.g. the field "password" (cb user profile default) is nicely translated to "Passwort" for GE and "mot de passe" for French, but a profile field I added, e.g. "Ort" is not translated to FR. What can I do?

I installed your language override plugin, that's very nice for the pre-built-in-fields, but not for the ones I created - in which directory do I find those?

Thanx, Richard

Joomla 3.4.0 / CB 2.0.7

Replied to your thread here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/192-cb/228843-translate-admin-added-fields#260863

Also suggest you download the just released CB Primer Book.
It should help you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon