Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User avatar images: always squared, minimum size, cropping of user avatars?

• startup
  • startup
  • Add-ons
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #260939 by startup
Hi there,

I'm looking for a way to ensure that uploaded user avatar images are always squared, no matter if somebody uploads an image in landscape or portrait format. Is that possible?

In addition it would be great to ensure that uploaded user avatar images are always using a minimum width and a minimum height. Is that possible, too?

Also it would be great, that if a user uploads an avatar image, that he mandatory sees a cropping functionality, which forces him to crop a picture into a squared format with a min and max size (just like on Gmail for example). Is that possible?

Thank you very much for your help!
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by startup.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• marsu_3
  • marsu_3
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #260976 by marsu_3

Also it would be great, that if a user uploads an avatar image, that he mandatory sees a cropping functionality, which forces him to crop a picture into a squared format with a min and max size (just like on Gmail for example). Is that possible?

I wish to reiterate the desire for a cropping feature.

As i have seen it is planned for a future release... do you have some idea for a releasedate?

three months, half a year?

Edit your avatar field within CB > Field Management then navigate to Parameters > Image Limits and set the following.

Maximum Image Height: 200
Maximum Image Width: 200
Maximum Thumbnail Height: 100
Maximum Thumbnail Width: 100
Maintain Aspect Ratio: Yes, with Cropping

It will auto crop anything that overflows and will scale using the largest side. The full image will always be 200x200 while the thumbnail will always be 100x100. Adjust further as desired. Right now the user can not specify the cropping area, but that's planned for a future release.

link
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by marsu_3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon