Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Updating to J3with existing CBsubs

• Dougj
  • Dougj
  • Add-ons
9 years 6 months ago #261804 by Dougj
Updating to J3with existing CBsubs was created by Dougj
I have a J2.5 site with CB 1.9 and CBSubs 3.0.0 as well as a purchased plugin cbcaptcha 2.4.

I have tried to upgrade my J2.5 site to J3 several times and it always fails, so I am going to build a new J 3 site.

I can use the latest CB 2 but do I need to update my CBSubs to some new version to use it on J3?

Also in CBSubs 3.0.0 I see an tab to import users. Does it import ALL the current user info from the old J2.5 site? Second, how do I export the users to use on the import tab?

Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #261805 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Updating to J3with existing CBsubs

Dougj wrote: I have a J2.5 site with CB 1.9 and CBSubs 3.0.0 as well as a purchased plugin cbcaptcha 2.4.

I have tried to upgrade my J2.5 site to J3 several times and it always fails, so I am going to build a new J 3 site.

I can use the latest CB 2 but do I need to update my CBSubs to some new version to use it on J3?

Also in CBSubs 3.0.0 I see an tab to import users. Does it import ALL the current user info from the old J2.5 site? Second, how do I export the users to use on the import tab?

Doug

[mod note: this is not a presales question]

CB Captcha is not compatible with Cb 2.0 - you would need to use CB Antispam instead (available to Professional members).

CBSubs GPL 3.0 works on CB 1.9.1 and CB 1.9.1 should still be compatible with Joomla 3.4 (although we have not verified this).

You would need to use CBSubs GPL 4.0 with CB 2.0.

Regarding CBSubs Import please study the CBSubs manual about its functionality - it is not mean to import users - it is meant to import subscriptions for your existing users.

CB Juice can be used to export/import users.

• Dougj
  • Dougj
  • Add-ons
9 years 6 months ago #261806 by Dougj
Replied by Dougj on topic Updating to J3with existing CBsubs
mod note: this is not a presales question....well if you want me to buy the product again it darn well better be. One of the reasons I am hesitant to buy the latest generation of the CBSubs is the constant need to buy memberships to ask questions every time I come to this website. When I go to the other forums they always tell me I need a membership to post a question...it is frustrating and is my biggest deterrent to recommending or using this product. I do not mind buying it but I should be able to ask questions for the life of the product once I do.

Anyways if I am building a new J3 site so there is no point using the old products so I guess I will renew my membership again.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #261808 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Updating to J3with existing CBsubs

Dougj wrote: mod note: this is not a presales question....well if you want me to buy the product again it darn well better be. One of the reasons I am hesitant to buy the latest generation of the CBSubs is the constant need to buy memberships to ask questions every time I come to this website. When I go to the other forums they always tell me I need a membership to post a question...it is frustrating and is my biggest deterrent to recommending or using this product. I do not mind buying it but I should be able to ask questions for the life of the product once I do.

Anyways if I am building a new J3 site so there is no point using the old products so I guess I will renew my membership again.

No offense was intended - I just moved the post out of the area as there were no presales type questions as: will X do Y, etc.

But I guess from your point of view compatibility issues are also presales related ;-)

But I did answer all your questions I believe in record time ;-)

Regarding your comment/wish - you can always ask questions on the free forums (and presales as you did) and you can always read all CB Team interactions on the paid forums (even if you cannot post).

Support questions and requests is a different issue though and they are tied in to subscriptions as those are usually resource intensive.

BTW - Thank you for your past, present and hopefully future support - it keeps the CB project going.

P.S. You should take advantage of the Celebration (50% for you) discounts asap as the 10 year celebration (click on banner above) ends soon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon