Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Logon Issues

9 years 6 months ago #262392 by Brontecreek
Logon Issues was created by Brontecreek
Creating a new site with CB and CB subs. I have two users created through Joomla logon. When I enter them inot CB logon screen everything works as expected, get message back that I am logged on and I can access user profile.
When I enter a new user everything appears to work as expected. Emails are sent, user activated etc. and I see them on the user list as active and in group "registered".
However, when I go to log on using that profile I get the following two messages:
Warning You can't access the private section of this site
Error Please log on or sign up to view or modify your profile

Appears to be a permissions problem as the superuser has no issue but I can't find anything wrong! Any ideas on where to check for an incorrectly set permission?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #262405 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Logon Issues

Brontecreek wrote: Creating a new site with CB and CB subs. I have two users created through Joomla logon. When I enter them inot CB logon screen everything works as expected, get message back that I am logged on and I can access user profile.
When I enter a new user everything appears to work as expected. Emails are sent, user activated etc. and I see them on the user list as active and in group "registered".
However, when I go to log on using that profile I get the following two messages:
Warning You can't access the private section of this site
Error Please log on or sign up to view or modify your profile

Appears to be a permissions problem as the superuser has no issue but I can't find anything wrong! Any ideas on where to check for an incorrectly set permission?
Thanks

With CB installed you should configure your website registration/login processes to use the CB registration and the CB login module.

If you continue to use the Joomla processes you will just create unsync'ed users like you have.

You can manually sync your existing users from the CB Tools area.

9 years 6 months ago #262413 by Brontecreek
Replied by Brontecreek on topic Logon Issues
I am using the CB registration and CB logon module and registration and works fine but appears only users with superuser status can access profiles on the site. If I go in and manually change the user (through CB) to have superuser status then they can access their profile

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #262417 by nant

9 years 6 months ago #262424 by Brontecreek
Replied by Brontecreek on topic Logon Issues
Joomla 3.4.0
CB 2.0.7
CB Subs 4.0.0. rc.2

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #262428 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Logon Issues

Brontecreek wrote: Joomla 3.4.0
CB 2.0.7
CB Subs 4.0.0. rc.2

Then make sure that:

1. Your CB plugins
2. Your CB Tabs

are published to public

and that your

CB Configuration -> User Profile tab is set to Registered

Moderators: beatnantkrileon