Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Logon Issues

9 years 6 months ago #262444 by Brontecreek
Replied by Brontecreek on topic Logon Issues
Yes all plugins and tabs are set to public and the user profile in configuration is set to Registered, CB Workflows module is only one that is not public, it is set to Registered

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #262445 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Logon Issues

Brontecreek wrote: Yes all plugins and tabs are set to public and the user profile in configuration is set to Registered, CB Workflows module is only one that is not public, it is set to Registered

next suggestion is to look at your joomla menus - maybe one is not set to proper permissions.

9 years 6 months ago #262448 by Brontecreek
All menus are set to public except for CB logon on main menu (set to Registered) as I don't want that one to appear until after they are registered. The sub menu to that - CB profile is set to public. I tried resetting the CB logon to public but it makes no difference.

All CB plugins are set to public
All Joomla plugins are set to public
All Joomla modules set to public with the exception of CB Workflow which is set to registered

Works fine with anyone who is a superuser. Registration process is working as I can see them register but they can't logon! If I go into the backend and change them to superuser then everything works.

9 years 6 months ago #262496 by Brontecreek
One other piece of information. There are actually three messages displayed. First is
WARNING you can't access the private section of this site,
then
SUCCESS You have successfully logged in
and finally
ERROR Please logon or sign up to view or modify your profile. They appear simultaneously and in this order. Appears to be logging them in and then hitting an error and logging them out.

I've followed your online tutorials through lesson 4 relative to this and everything works exactly as shown in the tutorial EXCEPT when I go to logon with one of the "Registered" users (whether created from front end or back end). I even created a user list to check and the users show up as registered, just cant log on! Any other thoughts? I'd hate to scrap the idea of using CB and CB Subs as they do exactly what I want but if I can't solve this then I guess Ill have to find another way!
Thanks
Doug

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #262499 by nant

Brontecreek wrote: One other piece of information. There are actually three messages displayed. First is
WARNING you can't access the private section of this site,
then
SUCCESS You have successfully logged in
and finally
ERROR Please logon or sign up to view or modify your profile. They appear simultaneously and in this order. Appears to be logging them in and then hitting an error and logging them out.

I've followed your online tutorials through lesson 4 relative to this and everything works exactly as shown in the tutorial EXCEPT when I go to logon with one of the "Registered" users (whether created from front end or back end). I even created a user list to check and the users show up as registered, just cant log on! Any other thoughts? I'd hate to scrap the idea of using CB and CB Subs as they do exactly what I want but if I can't solve this then I guess Ill have to find another way!
Thanks
Doug

You must be doing something wrong.

Please send me a private message with super admin access credentials and a test user I can use to see the problem live and I will try to help.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #262505 by nant
Thanks for access info.

Your issue is caused because you (?) or someone else messed up the Joomla permissions.

This is the screenshot I took before Kyle fixed your issue:

As you can see with this setting you basically crippled your site.

Kyle found this (thanks Kyle) and fixed it.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brontecreek

Moderators: beatnantkrileon