Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Add New User Failed in CB

9 years 6 months ago #262715 by flying_squale
Add New User Failed in CB was created by flying_squale
Hi,
I have develop a site on Joomla 2.5 with community builder 1.9.1.
Now I develop a new version with Joomla 3.4.1 ans CB 2.0.7.

The problem is when I create a new user with joomla com_users in the administration the system doesn't add the user in CB...

That worked before but not now with Joomla 3.4.1 and CB 2.0.7...

Do you have an idea where the issue come from...

Thanks in advance,

Sylvain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #262727 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Add New User Failed in CB

flying_squale wrote: Hi,
I have develop a site on Joomla 2.5 with community builder 1.9.1.
Now I develop a new version with Joomla 3.4.1 ans CB 2.0.7.

The problem is when I create a new user with joomla com_users in the administration the system doesn't add the user in CB...

That worked before but not now with Joomla 3.4.1 and CB 2.0.7...

Do you have an idea where the issue come from...

Thanks in advance,

Sylvain.

When you use Community Builder (whatever version) you need to stop using the Joomla User manager and use the CB User manager instead.

9 years 6 months ago #262746 by flying_squale
Replied by flying_squale on topic Add New User Failed in CB
Hi Nant,

Thanks for your reply.
But RSForm use the standard module to add users.
In the older version of my website, Joomla and CB was automaticaly synchronised. So when a new user wanted to register (through RSForm Form) Joomla and CB was updated. I have just had a php script to populate custom field in the comprofiler DB.
Now it doesn't work with the new version. The new user is always registered through a RSForm form, the user is automaticaly added in Joomla but not in CB...
So I don't know where is the problem...

Thanks for your help :)

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #262775 by nant

flying_squale wrote: Hi Nant,

Thanks for your reply.
But RSForm use the standard module to add users.
In the older version of my website, Joomla and CB was automaticaly synchronised. So when a new user wanted to register (through RSForm Form) Joomla and CB was updated. I have just had a php script to populate custom field in the comprofiler DB.
Now it doesn't work with the new version. The new user is always registered through a RSForm form, the user is automaticaly added in Joomla but not in CB...
So I don't know where is the problem...

Thanks for your help :)

Well if it worked before it was due to some code you had maybe in RSForms that is now failing.

As mentioned before, when using CB you should always use the CB user creation processes (CB Registration and CB User Manager) and not the Joomla ones.

CB will trigger and create joomla users just fine so any properly coded plugins will fire as well.

This way Joomla will always be populated and in sync with CB as far as users go.

If you do things the other way around you will have synchronization issues - Joomla users without the CB equivalent linking.

You could manually do a CB Tools -> User sync action but that cannot be automated.

If you are somehow using RSForm to create new users then you should aske them if they can directly support the user creation via the CB API - this way everything is done correctly.

Other than this not much more I can offer.

9 years 6 months ago #262785 by flying_squale
Replied by flying_squale on topic Add New User Failed in CB
Hi Nick,

I've made a test to localize the source of the problem. I haven't touch Joomla (always 3.4.1) and RSForm module.
I've downgraded CB from 2.0.7 to 1.9.1 and the system works like before without problem. The user is created automatically in the com_users and comprofiler modules.

After that I just have upgraded CB from 1.9.1 to 2.0.7 and the system doesn't work again. The user is only created in com_users module but not in comprofiler... So for me the difference comes with the new version of CB...

I don't say that is an issue but the upgrade of CB creates an issue in my registration process :) ...

I have see that now to create the user in CB the user need to login on the site. Before not...
The user enters the registration data through RSForm form. Automatically it creates the user in com-users and comprofiler and RSForm populate specific field in CB as license number, etc...

I use RSForm because I need to check that the license number is a real license (I check it in a license list and that this license is not used by another user). This is why I use RSForm fo registration and not CB Registration.

Two questions:

So do you garanted that nothing have change in the CB process to register user ?
And is it possible to use CB Registration with a license check as explained before ?

Thanks in advance,

Sylvain.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #262815 by nant

flying_squale wrote: Hi Nick,

I've made a test to localize the source of the problem. I haven't touch Joomla (always 3.4.1) and RSForm module.
I've downgraded CB from 2.0.7 to 1.9.1 and the system works like before without problem. The user is created automatically in the com_users and comprofiler modules.

This could mean that RSForm has some logic to create CB users.
If the logic was based on a proper CB API call then this logic should still work in CB 2.0+.

After that I just have upgraded CB from 1.9.1 to 2.0.7 and the system doesn't work again. The user is only created in com_users module but not in comprofiler... So for me the difference comes with the new version of CB...

See previous reply - could be that the RSForm integration (if it exists) was not properly prepared.

Again I am just guessing - you would really need to ask such questions on the RSForm forums.

I use RSForm because I need to check that the license number is a real license (I check it in a license list and that this license is not used by another user). This is why I use RSForm fo registration and not CB Registration.

You could just do this with a CB Query field as indicated in these videos:

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7MM9iP9FooKB1qk8f5MLWVp

Two questions:

So do you garanted that nothing have change in the CB process to register user ?

Of course things have changed.

And is it possible to use CB Registration with a license check as explained before ?

See my CB Query response.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon