Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Is there a way to build a site in development without extra license?

• 41global
  • 41global
9 years 6 months ago #262783 by 41global
Hello CB Family,

I am working on a new project for a client and want to kind of build without them seeing as I move along until I am ready for them to see. I'd like to just install everything in my development environment and then just do a backup and restore the site to production when I'm ready for them to see site. Is there anyway for me to use CB & Subs in development environment without having to purchase again? Just not sure if CB SUBS are assigned to one domain only or not...

Thanks so much n advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #262797 by nant

41global wrote: Hello CB Family,

I am working on a new project for a client and want to kind of build without them seeing as I move along until I am ready for them to see. I'd like to just install everything in my development environment and then just do a backup and restore the site to production when I'm ready for them to see site. Is there anyway for me to use CB & Subs in development environment without having to purchase again? Just not sure if CB SUBS are assigned to one domain only or not...

Thanks so much n advance

CBSubs is now a GPL package.
You have a valid subscription do you can download CBSubs GPL from the CBSubs GPL download area.

Please note that for CB 2.0+ you need CBSubs 4.0 RC2+.

As with all GPL licensed software you can install what you download on all your websites.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by nant.

• 41global
  • 41global
9 years 6 months ago #262812 by 41global
Thanks so much for response. It is GPL but you still need to have a subscription on this site to get to CBSubs download right. I believe I had to pay first before getting download access to CBSUbs

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #262827 by nant

41global wrote: Thanks so much for response. It is GPL but you still need to have a subscription on this site to get to CBSubs download right. I believe I had to pay first before getting download access to CBSUbs

Yes you have to pay to become a subscriber.
The CBSubs GPL subscription lasts for 12 months.

During that period you can download CBSubs GPL releases and install what you download on all your websites without any further charge.

Please see this FAQ article:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/faq/105-presales/18225-extra-add-on-usage-after-membership-expires
The following user(s) said Thank You: 41global

Moderators: beatnantkrileon