Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Re: Content Blogs and Community Builder

• Hazel1919
  • Hazel1919
9 years 5 months ago #263349 by Hazel1919
Re: Content Blogs and Community Builder was created by Hazel1919
Hi everyone!

I am currently overhauling a site that hosts and manages an Open Source hardware project (3D Metal Printing). Here is a link to the website under progress: www.metalbot.org/metalbot

We are upgrading the website and want to take advantage of all of the fantastic community building features that J!3 has to offer. We are using a Bootstrap 3 based template in conjunction with community builder and Kunena forums to manage the content.

We have a few questions regarding Blog layouts and administration tasks from the front-end (I apologize if these tasks are trivial, but we have not been able to work around the issues).

QUESTIONS:

Q1
Currently we have three Administrators and have setup things so that all blog posts require moderator approval before becoming public. I don't want our community moderators to have to log into the back-end to publish items if possible, so what is the best way to implement quick front-end administering of these tasks?

Q2
Like in the image attached in the bottom... Is it possible to change the blog layout so that I have an image on the left and the title and introductory text to the right? Or will this require extensive CSS customization of the template?

Q3
"Registered" users are currently unable to upload images or use the WYSIWYG editor. When I am logged in as super user and make a new blog post, then I can upload images and use the JCE editor. How do I enable this functionality for all registered users?

Q4
When I make a new blog post as the super user, and I add an image and some text, then add a "read more" page break and publish the blog post, I go to the blog display on the home page and I can NOT see the image or text, I have to actually click on the blog post and go to the article to see the content.

Q2
Does J!3 support a like button for blog posts?

Q5
Is there a content module that offers a list of "top blog posts" or most commented on blog posts?

Many thanks in advance for your kind help!

Jethro - Metalbot Founder.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon