Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Password Reset Not Working

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #264904 by Hammerhead
Password Reset Not Working was created by Hammerhead
I'm not sure if this is a CB problem, or a Joomla problem, but when a user attempts to request a password reset, nothing is sent. I have tried myself and am not receiving anything to my email. Now, when I try to log in as Administrator, the password is rejected. It seems what's happening is that internally everything is processed properly and the system sets a temporary PW, but for some reason a confirmation email is not triggered. I was able to copy my PW from the DB of a parallel development install to the production site, which got me in, but it's problematic at best.

Hope someone can help!

CB 2.0.8
J! 3.4.1

Thanks!
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Hammerhead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 4 months ago #264909 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Password Reset Not Working

Hammerhead wrote: I'm not sure if this is a CB problem, or a Joomla problem, but when a user attempts to request a password reset, nothing is sent. I have tried myself and am not receiving anything to my email. Now, when I try to log in as Administrator, the password is rejected. It seems what's happening is that internally everything is processed properly and the system sets a temporary PW, but for some reason a confirmation email is not triggered. I was able to copy my PW from the DB of a parallel development install to the production site, which got me in, but it's problematic at best.

Hope someone can help!

CB 2.0.8
J! 3.4.1

Thanks!

Maybe email is not working on your website?

Make sure that mass emails in CB and Joomla are working.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon