Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can't update K2 user profile when Community Builder System plugin enabled

• stimpy
  • stimpy
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #266309 by stimpy
I have a site with two types of usergroups: one that has authors who write articles in K2 and one that allows users to add items to an event calendar. The user profiles of the authors are presented on the site via the K2 system. An author can add a profile image, some background info and a link to his/her own site.

The problem is that the authors can't edit their own K2 profile when the Community Builder System plugin is enabled. Though they can access the edit screen, saving the changes result in a page with just a logout-button and none of the changes are saved. When I disable the CB plugin, making changes goes smoothly and the user is returned to their own profile page.

I'm not quite sure when the problem started occurring, but it certainly was after the upgrade to CB version 2. Before that users where able to make changes without any problems. But it also could have changed somewhere along the line of one of the updates of CB 2.x

I'm running the latest versions of all the components: Joomla 2.5.28 (but it also occurs on our testsite with Joomla 3.4.1), CB 2.0.9 and K2 2.6.9

And it's not just the authors. Even the Super admin can't edit his own K2 profile through the frontend of the site, so it has nothing to do with the user group settings.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by stimpy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon