Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Getting: You can't access the private section of this site.

9 years 3 months ago #267803 by artshotwell
The install is stable,. Just this registered user problem. I don't have a backup when it was working. More than a year ago. But my backups: Aug 3, 2014 (J2.5), Aug 11, 2014 (J2.5), Mar 16, 2016 (J2.5), Jun 13, 2015 (J3.4), July 12, 2015 (J3.4).

As for what else is installed: Akeeba Backup, Admin Tools, EasyBlog, JCalPro, JCE Editor, JHackguard, Komento, RokGallery. I'm using a CDN: CloudFlare. Not sure that that would impact this problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Satchi
  • Satchi
9 years 3 months ago #267804 by Satchi
Nothing unusual in your installation. Hmm, maybe the Rok bit. Are you using gantry and a rockettheme? That wouldnt effect registered users access level but eats a ton of memory, if you aren't really using it.

I am heading out for the evening, so a quick idea for you before i go.

Disable your plugins, starting with non CB stuff and check if registered users can access again. (Disable all but Joomla and CB). If you use system caching, clear it. If registered users can access your site again, enable the add ons one at a time and check where it breaks.

If that doesn't work, we are back to Joomla and ACL or menus. I suspect it is in the ACL but without seeing it, it is very hard to tell you what else to check.

Good luck,

Satchi

9 years 3 months ago #267805 by artshotwell
Satchi, Thank you. Yes, it's a RocketTheme template. I use a couple of their modules & plugins. I'll work my way through the extensions...

• nant
  • nant
9 years 3 months ago #267817 by nant

artshotwell wrote: Understandable questions... This site is a conversion from J 2.5. Which was a conversion from J 1.5. I have had CB installed since J 1.5 and had no problem with registered users. But, some time after move to J 2.5 this problem surfaced. I let it go until I moved to J 3.4.

Chiming in to help Satchi help you.

The fact that your existing environment is in fact a migration from J15 -> J25 -> J3 is an important fact (in the future please provide this from the outset).

Suggest you run all CB Tools and see if issues pop up.

Something might have gone wrong with your Joomla migrations and this could impact everything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Satchi

9 years 3 months ago #267875 by artshotwell
Re: conversion environment...point taken. This problem doesn't look like a CB issue. I've done testing on the site and it looks unconnected to CB. A review of the forums tells me there were conversion problems from J1.5 to J2.5 and even updates within J2.5, such as from J2.5.10 to J2.5.14. Although I found several potential fixes on CB forums when I search for "You can't access the private section of this site."

9 years 3 months ago #267889 by artshotwell
I have solved this issue. There were several records in the _assets table with parent_id of zero. After backing up the database, I ran this query, with good results. Registered users can now log in.

UPDATE `jos_assets` SET `parent_id`=1 WHERE `parent_id`=0 AND id>1;
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, lcabezas, krystalrules04

Moderators: beatnantkrileon