Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can't Get the Logged in User's CB ID in URL

9 years 2 months ago #269026 by createforme
Can't Get the Logged in User's CB ID in URL was created by createforme
I have everything set up the way I want and I use Tabs in Community Builder profile page to pull in all sorts of data about the user being profiled. It works great to see information about everyone - EXCEPT the user actually logged in. I've tried several ways to fix this problem, and I've noticed I have two issues.

1. In the CB User List (termed "Roster"), I have it set so the name links to the user profile. For some reason, the person logged in is the only person with a different link. So everyone else has:

.../index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&user=3097&Itemid=224

But the person logged in, in the same list, has:

.../index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&Itemid=224

Why is the user# not in the URL? This is very important for connecting the CB data to the data in the other tables on the profile tabs.

2. The user number is also not in the CB Profile standard link. So, if I have a menu item that just points to the CB Profile Component, I also get the shortened URL and, therefore, none of the connected data in the profile tabs.

I need my admins to be able to see their own data as well as others. This worked before the latest update to CB. Not sure what changed. Any ideas on how I can fix this? I have tried a custom URL page to the profile, but I can't seem to find the right "substitution" to pull in the user id number. Thanks!

Create For Me: Website and Graphic Design
Where your ideas become reality...
www.createforme.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 weeks ago #270962 by createforme
Replied by createforme on topic Can't Get the Logged in User's CB ID in URL
Anybody? This was working, but now it's not. Every time they make an update, I have to fix this problem.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&user=[myid]&Itemid=101

Create For Me: Website and Graphic Design
Where your ideas become reality...
www.createforme.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon