Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Default Canvas Options

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #269780 by
First I want to say I'm quite impressed with the Community Builders system. If and when I can afford to buy a membership you can bet I will, until then I'm happy using the free version. The work you have put into this is nothing short of amazing and I really appreciate all the videos that Nick has posted. They are very easy to follow and very informative. Now on to my post.

Joomla 3.4.3
CB 2.0.10

Is there a way to change the default canvas and avatar options?

I found some files located here:

/components/com_comprofiler/images/gallery
/components/com_comprofiler/images/gallery/canvas

I tried to add a file that matched the dimensions, dpi, and file type to those already listed here. When I go to my profile > Edit > Update your profile > Canvas/portrait > Select image from gallery : They ones I've added do not show up here.

Reason: I'm asking because I would like to make my default avatars and canvas' that will match the theme and purpose of the entire community and give members relevant options without having to upload their own, eventually replacing the ones that are already there.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by . Reason: Solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 1 month ago #269784 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Default Canvas Options

drake2k wrote: First I want to say I'm quite impressed with the Community Builders system. If and when I can afford to buy a membership you can bet I will, until then I'm happy using the free version. The work you have put into this is nothing short of amazing and I really appreciate all the videos that Nick has posted. They are very easy to follow and very informative. Now on to my post.

Thank you for your feedback.
Glad you like Community Builder (there is only one and it is free).
Also glad that my video tutorials are apprciated.

Joomla 3.4.3
CB 2.0.10

Is there a way to change the default canvas and avatar options?

I found some files located here:

/components/com_comprofiler/images/gallery
/components/com_comprofiler/images/gallery/canvas

I tried to add a file that matched the dimensions, dpi, and file type to those already listed here. When I go to my profile > Edit > Update your profile > Canvas/portrait > Select image from gallery : They ones I've added do not show up here.

Reason: I'm asking because I would like to make my default avatars and canvas' that will match the theme and purpose of the entire community and give members relevant options without having to upload their own, eventually replacing the ones that are already there.

Please first download and study the also free CB Primer book.
You can see link in this article (that is maintained for latest releases):
www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

After you study this (as I am pretty sure I have made some reference to changing defaults) if you still have issues please continue with more specific questions.

I have also sent you a private message - please check.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #269814 by
Replied by on topic Default Canvas Options
From the link you provided, I downloaded the free PDF file. It had exactly what I was looking for. I feel a little silly now since it was here all along. Google and Forum searches tend to come up with a lot of outdated results and it's sometimes difficult to sift through it all when you're sleep deprived.

I went to Joomla > Media Manager, then created a new directory and called it canvas and another called avatar. Then uploaded my own images there.

Then went to CB > Field Manager > canvas > parameters > Image Gallery, then typed /images/canvas and BAM! It works.

:) :) :) :) :) :)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

Moderators: beatnantkrileon