Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Lists not showing custom canvas/avatars

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #270173 by
I followed the video tutorial regarding member lists. I created a member list grid view with the following columns.

Profile Image - 1 Line without Title
Member Name - 1 Line with Title
Canvas Image - 1 Line without Title
Online Status - 1 Line without Title

I uploaded a new 700x200 canvas "slime.jpg" into /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/canvas - was the only place I could find them.

I selected slime.jpg from the CB Fields, canvas parameters, image display, empty default.

When going to the front end and viewing the list of members, the images does not display on the list itself. Only when you go to a user's profile who has not already selected a canvas does it appear perfectly.

The same thing goes for avatars as well.

Any suggestions?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 1 month ago #270226 by nant
If a user uploads directly from user profile do things work?

You seem to be trying to change the default canvas image - suggest you download and study the CB Primer Book and see if it helps you.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #270245 by
I have changed the default canvas and the default portrait, they work just fine on the user's profile page when they have not selected their own. Where it's not showing up is on the user list. I followed the video tutorial on how to make a list, the list itself works great. It just doesn't display the custom canvas. Here's an example if it helps.

cp-fc.com/cb-userlist.html

If you notice, you'll see a few members that have not selected any canvas or portrait. Their images are blank. If you click on their profile, the custom ones I made are showing up perfectly. I hope this makes sense.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by . Reason: Spelling corrections.

9 years 1 month ago #270866 by
User lists still show blank canvas' and portraits instead of custom made ones, whereas the profile pages display them perfectly. Is this a limitation of the userlist system?

• nant
  • nant
9 years 1 month ago #270885 by nant

drake2k wrote: User lists still show blank canvas' and portraits instead of custom made ones, whereas the profile pages display them perfectly. Is this a limitation of the userlist system?

Maybe you did not add custom thumbnails for the images you added?

9 years 3 weeks ago #271119 by
Nick, Thank you for getting back with me. I'm not sure about any 'custom thumbnails'. I wasn't aware there were any that needed to be made.

I was able to do a 'work around' solution, but I'm afraid that if Community Builder is updated then it may undo it.

I renamed the custom image I wanted to display on the user lists to tnnophoto_n.png and placed them in these two directories (after backing up the originals elsewhere).
Code:
/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/canvas/tnnophoto_n.png /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/avatar/tnnophoto_n.png

The cb-userlist.html is not pulling the images from the path specified in Community Builder Field Management > Paramaters > Image Gallery > Path, even though the actual profiles themselves are.

I don't know any better way to explain.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon