Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Registration Stopped Letting Users Register

9 years 1 month ago #270867 by cfgs_webmaster
CB Registration Stopped Letting Users Register was created by cfgs_webmaster
Our registration form in CB 2.0.10 no longer allow you to type any information into the text boxes. I can use LastPass to fill in the boxes but if I click in one with the mouse the click is ignored. Clicking on the Sign Up button is also ignored. When I discovered this I upgraded to CB 2.0.11 with no change.

I am not sure exactly when this happened but the Registration form had been working for over a year without a problem. The only recent change I can think is a recent upgrade from Joomla 3.4.3 to 3.4.4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 4 weeks ago #270886 by nant

cfgs_webmaster wrote: Our registration form in CB 2.0.10 no longer allow you to type any information into the text boxes. I can use LastPass to fill in the boxes but if I click in one with the mouse the click is ignored. Clicking on the Sign Up button is also ignored. When I discovered this I upgraded to CB 2.0.11 with no change.

I am not sure exactly when this happened but the Registration form had been working for over a year without a problem. The only recent change I can think is a recent upgrade from Joomla 3.4.3 to 3.4.4.

Well something you installed or changes made to your environment must have caused this as code just doesn;t stop working.

I see no issues on my CB 2.0.10/CB 2.0.11/Joomla 3.4.3/Joomla 3.4.4 tests.

9 years 4 weeks ago #270915 by cfgs_webmaster
Replied by cfgs_webmaster on topic CB Registration Stopped Letting Users Register
This is getting interesting. Someone was able to register overnight trying an attempt at a buffer overflow but when i checked the page this morning I can't get the form to accept any text.

8 years 8 months ago #277400 by cfgs_webmaster
Replied by cfgs_webmaster on topic CB Registration Stopped Letting Users Register
>> Well something you installed or changes made to your environment must have caused this as code just doesn't stop working.

Update - we still have this problem. We have continued to upgrade to the latest versions of CB and Joomla.

Some people are able to register, mainly those who enter strange user names and email address, apparently in an effort to spam our members. However, no one else seems able to even enter information in any of the fields in the form. The URL of the form is cfgs.org/index.php/cb-registration/registers

Moderators: beatnantkrileon