Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Login Page Title

• pigneedle
  • pigneedle
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #275235 by pigneedle
[SOLVED] CB Login Page Title was created by pigneedle
DISCLAIMER: I have searched the forums extensively regarding this issue. I have not found a fix, or even a decent workaround for anything but user profile pages, which is not related to this issue.

Hello,

I would like to change the page title for the CB Login page. I have changed the module name, but this does not affect the page title.

The page source of the displayed page still shows "CB Login" as the page title. It also will not append the site title to the page title, even though it does on other pages. Where can I manually alter the page title for CB Login?

Also, I have checked the CB language file. There is no entry for the CB Login page title in the language.php file.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by nant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 10 months ago #275266 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Login Page Title

pigneedle wrote: DISCLAIMER: I have searched the forums extensively regarding this issue. I have not found a fix, or even a decent workaround for anything but user profile pages, which is not related to this issue.

Hello,

I would like to change the page title for the CB Login page. I have changed the module name, but this does not affect the page title.

The page source of the displayed page still shows "CB Login" as the page title. It also will not append the site title to the page title, even though it does on other pages. Where can I manually alter the page title for CB Login?

Also, I have checked the CB language file. There is no entry for the CB Login page title in the language.php file.

Hi and thanks for posting.

Your CB 2.0 install automatically creates a set of Community Builder menus in your Joomla menu area.

I suggest you download and read the also free CB Primer book - it will help you.

There is a Joomla menu in the Community Builder set titled - CB Login.
Just change the title as you wish.

• dglenn99
  • dglenn99
8 years 10 months ago #275290 by dglenn99
Replied by dglenn99 on topic CB Login Page Title
You are likely encountering a default Joomla setting where the Page Heading is shown by default. And it not where you would expect to find it.

Select Menus, Manage, then select the Options box in the upper right. This opens a page defining the options for all the menus. 'Show Page Heading' is likely toggled to Yes. Toggle it to no. Save the settings and then clear your cache before going back and testing to see if this resolves your issue.

I hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

• pigneedle
  • pigneedle
8 years 10 months ago #275297 by pigneedle
Replied by pigneedle on topic CB Login Page Title
Thank you, this was the fix.

• pigneedle
  • pigneedle
8 years 10 months ago #275298 by pigneedle
Replied by pigneedle on topic CB Login Page Title

nant wrote:

pigneedle wrote: DISCLAIMER: I have searched the forums extensively regarding this issue. I have not found a fix, or even a decent workaround for anything but user profile pages, which is not related to this issue.

Hello,

Your CB 2.0 install automatically creates a set of Community Builder menus in your Joomla menu area.

I suggest you download and read the also free CB Primer book - it will help you.

Thank you. This was the fix.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 10 months ago #275309 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Login Page Title

pigneedle wrote:

nant wrote:

Hello,

Thank you. This was the fix.

Great!

Marking as solved then.

Please help out as I did and respond to other people asking for assistance on the fee Community driven forums.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon